Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year- A New Parade!


Happy 2011 to you!
I am starting this year doing exactly what I love!
I have been quilting all morning... and now a bit of blogging while I stay comfy cozy and warm
in my home... where I plan to stay all weekend and just relax!
The weather is nasty, like most places in the U.S. right now.
So staying in is probably the only real option anyway.
And I had a special surprize when I opened up my blog this morning! I now have 400 followers!
I am so excited about that! Hmmm, wat to do???
I'm sure I will think of something! wink, wink!

Some time over the holiday kayos I set aside my Le Petite project for January. Weeks later, when I discovered that there was no hope in actually finding it again to resume working on it... I knew I had to start over. And that I did. But one day, after corresponding with Sherri, I realized that I was working on... next months project! So, I re-started once again, um, yesterday!
Mon Ami... which is not the name I am calling it!!! If you know what I mean!

I ended up using a Moda Scrap Bag of 3 Sisters fabric for this little Schnibble... and so I was compelled to go ahead and use the scraps for the outer border.


I am excited to start off this parade of Prairie Point Christmas with
this wonderful quilt... it was designed by Cara of Cara Quilts blog.
It is one of her Moda Bake Shop patterns! Her other ones are really cute too by the way!

This is Cara's quilt.

And these are from our Le Petite girls!



This original rendition was
made by Messy Karen
who created a little selvedge edge masterpiece!
I love it... and the fact that she was so clever to have thought of that!!!


Next we have an adorable small tree!
This little wonder was made by Diana at Quiltecke.



This "evergreen"  tree was created by Jenn at Patchwork Possibilities...
she can display this one all year long!

This next tree is just beautiful, and with this border she can also leave it out all winter! 
It was made by Joyce at JM Quilts!

And next is a styilized tree with a woodsy border made by Kim of Kim's Big Quilting Adventures!


This wonderful tree was created by Cardygirl! This is one of my all time favorite holiday fabrics!
I love the little inner border stripe fabric on this one too... nice touch!

Here is one from Red Door Quilting made by Edith. Her Prairie Point Christmas  is adorable!
Do you see the tree topper?


This one is really fun! It was made by Amanda at Little Miss Quilter blog!
Great fabrics!

I have a couple more that I need to add but I either don't have the blog links for or there was some other technical difficulty so stay tuned!
And be on the lookout if your quilt should be here and is not here... I have probably sent you an email.

ok here is one that I missed... it's by Carol... at Carol's Craft Creations notice the sweet little red bird buttons on it? I love the background and border fabrics... a winter wonderland!

and here is another sweet Prairie Point Christmas made by Kay Mc!
Happy colors! and a fun quilt!

Thank you all for sharing your quilts!  It was a fun parade and a nice way to start the year!



But now, please go see Sherri's parade of Le Petite at A Quilting Life!
There are lots more to show you!

26 comments:

John'aLee said...

Love that quilt you are working on. And those tree quilts are adorable.

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I love your little quilt! Beautiful fabric and it looks so good!
Happy Stitching & Happy New Year!!!

gale
galew417@comcast.net

Cardygirl said...

Great quilts! I love seeing everyone's interpretations...I am keen to start the next one now!

Miss Jean said...

You are so lucky (and ambitious) to be quilting today. I'm trying to clean house and put Christmas away. I love the Prairie Point Christmas pattern. I am going to try to make the time to make one!

Happy New Year!

Messy Karen said...

i lose things so much that after i work on even the smallest of things. they go right into a zippy and then into a laundry basket. the Tree quilts are awesome. and i can't wait to start Mon Ami.

Tonya said...

It looks like everyone has done a great job on the Prairie Point Christmas quilts, they look great! I have just started on my Mon Ami for January!

Michele said...

I love your Mon Ami.....Beautiful fabrics! The LePetite projects are amazing!

FabricandFlowers said...

Love your Schnibble. I am just finishing my first one. What took me so long to join in?! They are just the right size.

Carol said...

Everyone quilts are so nice. I got mine finished but it wasn't in your parade or in Sherri's.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wonderful parade of Prairie Point Christmas quilts!
Mon Ami is going to be fun - yours looks great!

Margo said...

Hi -
I enjoyed reading your blog for the first time. You are very busy and creative. :0)

I am wondering about your Le Petite monthly program. I get the impression that you did this in 2010 and are continuing into 2011. What is it?

Is this a monthly project for your readers to use that month's block (Jan 2011 = friendship star variation ???)and create a small quilt/project? I tried looking for "rules" but I am at times a bit thick headed. :0)

Thank you - Margo

Kyra said...

What a great holiday quilt idea. I especially like the salvage edge Christmas tree one.

Happy New Year!
Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

The Prairie point trees are adorable...thanks for posting all of them. And I love your Mon Ami quilt...great fabric choice!

badlandsquilts said...

Love all the trees... Looking to hook up with the group again this month as I purposefully skipped the tree with such a busy December. Happy New Year to you!

Megan said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing projects made from Martinique - your Mon Ami is gorgeous!!

Sherri said...

I love your Mon Ami...and the quilts in your parade are wonderful, too!

Anne Heidi said...

Your quilt is so pretty :-) Love the parade of trees as well- such a cute pattern.

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, real nice versions of the Christmas tree! I look forward to the next pattern, with such a lovely name and so French (o:
Geukkig nieuwjaar (o:

ferne said...

just curious how you get into the le petit club? Looks like you all have such fun projects. I made that Christmas tree and it was a great project. I loved seeing what others did with it, such creativity!

Shelley said...

All the prairie point trees look fantastic. Love your rendition of Mon Ami! Can't wait to see next month's parade too.

Quilt Hollow said...

All so pretty! Hard to decide on a favorite and your Mon Ami wonderful too!

Shannon said...

I am sorry for all of you restarts. That happens to me also. I am bumbed out! I did not even start on my tree for December. I was not organized enough to get all my gifts done and that as well. It is ok. All of the ones that were made were great. Now onto the next one!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Goodness - you did a great job especially with the late start! It's really pretty! Great parade, too!

Jules said...

I love seeing all our variations!! How fun!

Linda said...

How fun!! This project and both parades were my favorite so far!! These trees are all so pretty and unique. Thanks so much to you and Sherri!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Excellent parade. Can't wait to see next month's.