Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet Spot Parade- Today, Summer Tomorrow!

I am so excited to show you the parade of quilts featuring Sweet Spot, a Schnibble pattern
by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.
Carrie always comes up with amazing patterns and Sweet Spot
was one of my favorites! Of course, she just posted her latest and greatest Schnibbles, hot off the press...
so be sure to go over and see what she has been up to!


Before we get started on the parade I want to introduce you to this little number:
The next project for Le Petite!

This is Endless Summer...  I know, I'm jumping the gun, we haven't even hit Spring officially yet...
by the way, do you know that in 12 days Daylight Savings Time begins!!!
Okay, back to what I was saying... Endless Summer is by Heartspun Quilts.
You probably are already familiar with Pam Buda and her wonderful quilts...
but this was my first one. And I have to tell you... I'm in love!
I seriously whipped mine up on Saturday. Saturday morning!
Okay, honestly... I did cut it out on Friday.
And even though it called for 3 charm packs... I managed with two and a scrap or two.
I already had Beach House... and that is what the cover quilt is made out of... I only had 2 charm packs. But it worked out just fine. Although I have to admit that when I started cutting it out I was wishing that I had used something else,
and also wishing that I was more creative like some of you who seem to do a great job of thinking outside the box.
But here I am. I'm in the box... and when it was all said and done, I was happy... beyond happy,
with my Endless Summer!


Now for the Sweet Spot Parade!

 I hope you enjoy these as much as I did... and don't forget to go over to Sherri's at A Quilting Life and
see the rest of the parade over there!


edited 3/11 we have one more Sweet Spot that slipped through the cracks... please forgive us!


This one was made by Laura H. I love the pastels!
Very sweet... like taffy!
 
(a fun thing to look at when you are viewing these quilts is the flying geese inner border...
some go clockwise, and some go counter clockwise... and some meet in the middle)!
 


Here is a delicious version of Sweet Spot made by Sandy F. She used
Sweetwater fabric called Sunkissed!


This Sweet Spot was made by Carol and her little helper, from Carols Crafty Creations blog.
She used La Petite Ecole for the stars and the outer border. Buster is modeling with the quilt!


Alison aka Cardygirl made this sweet Sweet Spot out of
Bunny Hill fabric that she won last month! I love that Lilly and Will
group... see it doesn't have to be for babies!

This little "mini" version of Sweet Spot speaks "big" in it's bright fabrics!
It was made by Diana from Quiltecke blog.

Here is one from Paws For Stitching.
 Dorthy's version of Sweet Spot... very bright and Spring-like!

Here is one by Little Miss Quilter.
This is Amanda's sweet little version of Sweet Spot!

Kim is just so smart... I love the way she changes-up a pattern!
The flying geese in the border really look like they are moving!

This little Sweet Spot was made by Kay... she used the Blush fabric group.
I love how the red stands out here! Beautiful Kay!

Here is Sweet Spot made by Gretchen at Stella Bella blog.
Beautiful job!


This quilt was made by Red Door Quilting from Jo Morton fabrics... I think it's just stunning!


Bea from Une Auguile Dans Ute Botte de Foin... aka Bea from France
made a unique version of Sweet Spot using color... and more color! Bea's signature style!!!



This quilt just has so much movement... it's like a beautiful sunset!
It was created by Joyce at And Sew On!





No you aren't seeing double... it's a matching set!
Ekaterina made 2 quilts from  a Park Avenue layer cake.


Last but not least is Sweet Spot created by Eileen of My Quilting Porch!
This one just makes a wonderful striking statement!



I hope you loved the parade... if your quilt wasn't here, or over at Sherri's please let me know and I will add it immediately! Our system isn't as perfect as our sewing is!

Today the group that is making Eventide with Thelma, Cupkaes and Daisies and
Nicole at Sister's Choice are showing their progress! I am making Eventide also and I wanted to show what I have done so far... but I think I will go ahead and
 wait until tomorrow and hopefully that will be ok. 

15 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Look at all those pretty quilts. :)

Michele said...

Lovely quilts :) Each version is beautiful! What a fun pattern to make and display :) The project for next month is great.....I can't wait to get started :)

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Great parade! :-) I like next month's pattern too! Thanks for the fun!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Endless Summer... I may have to make that one. Love the parade too!

Sonia said...

Beautiful line of quilts! Thanks for sharing them. :)

Linda said...

Great parade! All so unique and beautiful!

Cardygirl said...

They are all fabulous!

Béa said...

Again a great parade, I love all the different versions.
Your Endless Summer is very beautiful and I can't wait to see your start on Eventide ! Hugs.

Q said...

I love these parades, it's so interesting to see how the same pattern can take on so many different personalities according to colour and fabric choices. Well Done to everyone!

Sinta, that Endless Summer looks beautiful, and since it's Autumn here now, maybe we Aussies could use a bit of Endless Summer!

I also wanted to say that Kim's experimentation with the corners looks amazing! What a smart cookie

Bagira said...

Forgive me! I guess I sent one picture twice. I sewed two different quilts.
Ekaterina

loulee said...

It's no good resisting, I'm going to have to get me the schnibbles book.

Simone de Klerk said...

Such incredible beauty! This pattern really inspired in a wonderful way!
Thank you Sinta, for the lovely parade.

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Beach House is a great collection. Your quilt is so pretty. "In the box" can be a good place.

I'm loving the parade -- so many pretty quilts. Can't wait to see Eventide.

~Marica~ said...

Lovely parade and all the quilts had their own charm :)

Thelma said...

I just LOVE your parades. Seeing the same pattern using different fabric is one of my favorite things. Some folks are just so talented at picking the perfect combinations of fabrics. i get great ideas with every parade.

Endless Summer, I love it, and it's name, I could use any summer right now, and would love an endless one!

I'm already counting the days until the next parade.