Friday, April 1, 2011

No Rain for This Parade (I hope)

I am loving the sunshine here! It really motivates me! Which is good, because
with sunshine, especially after the rain... there is a lot of yard work to do!
But that will be tomorrow. Today we have a parade!

I thought you might like to have a peak at the next project for Le Petite first though...
This is Brocante and it's one of the new Schnibbles patterns from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.



fabric requirements to get you started:


25 med/dark charm squares
                                                           41 light/medium charm squares
                                                              5/8 yard background
I made mine a tad bigger than the cover pattern and there are size options in the pattern for you.



Have you seen the new issue of American Patchwork and Quilting?
It happens to have a wonderful article in it from Pam Buda.
(of Heartspun Quilts... check out her blog)




Our Le Petite project is from one of Pam's patterns...........

Presenting: Endless Summer!


(Somehow I misplaced this quilt. Sorry Carol!)
Buster wants to show you that his mom, Carol from Carol's Crafty Creations,
 made this wonderful  little version of Endless Summer, in his favorite field of daisies!



 This is a stunning version of the pattern made by Sandy F.
She decided to focus on the corner units of the block. What a unique difference it made.

 This little beauty was made by Laura. A very sweet quilt.

The version of Endless Summer does look so summery and crisp!
It was made by Monica at Diary of a Quilt Maven blog.

I love the way this one turned out. You can really see the pinwheel in the center and the corner units seem to just jump out at you! I am not sure who this one belongs to. Someone was having computer problems and this was sent via a phone message I think... because the only thing I see with it is a phone number! Yikes!
            ***************Kay jsut sent me an email and claimed her quilt!***************


This Endless Summer was made by Paulette (no blog). Using my favorite (at this moment) fabric collection!
Definitely speaks "Summer"!


This little jewel was made by Leah at Quilted Delights. I think it just sparkles!


At the Quilted Pineapple, Linda changed it up a bit and made a sweet table runner for her project.


This is another wonderful version of Endless Summer. It was made by Diana at Quiltecke.
I really like the placement of the reds. When I look at it, it reminds me of the pinwheels you put outside blowing in the wind.





I love this one made by Joyce at And Sew On blog.
You have to go over to her blog to see more pictures and a closer view.


This Endless Summer was created by Ekaterina at Domovnitsa blog.
I love the way the pinwheels stand out!


And while I was out in blogland I found this wonderful runner made by Edith at Red Door Quilting.
It's spectacular!

Be sure to go over to A Quilting Life and see the other quilts in the Endless Summer Parade!
Tomorrow we will be picking parade winners! See you then!

14 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Wow! They all look so different...it was a great pattern, love the way it "belongs" to each maker.

Sherri said...

More fun quilts! I wish I had my AP & Q...maybe tomorrow! Definitely hoping there is no rain on the parade!

Pam Buda~Heartspun Quilts said...

I'm nearly speechless! Love all the fabric combos and the creativity of everyone who sent photos. I'm honored that you chose Endless Summer and I've been looking forward to this!! Thank you everyone!!

Wishing you peace while piecing!
Pam Buda

Cheryl said...

Wow...what a wonderful quilt show. Love them all!

Carol said...

Darn, my quilt didn't make it into the parade. I did email it to you on time.

Betty Lou said...

Look forward to the parade every month. this month is exceptionaly beautiful. Like the new pattern, I will get busy.

badlandsquilts said...

Great quilts, & I loved seeing your schnibble using red -that is what I was thinking about!

Simone de Klerk said...

Beautiful versions of the Endless Summer quilts. This was such a fun quilt to make!
Love the new Le Petite too!

Me and My Stitches said...

They are all wonderful - thanks so much for sharing them. Makes me want to whip up one myself!

Thelma said...

I always look forward to the first of the month and your parades, another spectacular one. I'm amazed how different each quilt looks, and that I think is my favorite part. What a wonderfully creative bunch! Thanks for giving folks without blogs an outlet to showcase their talent. Am I too late to join, if I can squeeze it in, I'm hoping to make Brocante!

Q said...

I love all the different version, even though I know from seeing it previous months, it still doesn't stop me from oohing and aahing at all the interesting ideas and variations that come up every month. (oh and I love all the cute puppies too!)

Shannon said...

I love them all. So cool to see how everybodies are different.

Jules said...

How fun! I enjoy seeing all the various fabrics we choose to use.

(not sure why my photo is not so great every month....?)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful Endless Summer! I'll be back in the parade for April!