Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day Parade (of Le Petite)


Happy May Day!
(does anybody celebrate this one anymore)?
This has been a big week for me and a big weekend too! Not only was there a royal wedding, but my nephew got married Saturday too. Here in the states, so I didn't have too far to travel! hehe

I have a 300 post/2 year blogiversary going on right now, so be sure to scroll down
and enter into the giveaway after the parade!

Let me show you what the next proejct for Le Petite is:
and since it's going to be Mother's Day next, Sherri and I decided to pick a
project that you can do for free.
This one is from Moda Bake Shop called Candy Bar!
It's small and quick and fun. And it only uses a "candy bar" or
one half of a charm pack.
I actually used leftovers to make mine.
But this is a picture of the one from MBS.

Bake shop



I hope you enjoy making this project. I swear that I had mine made in a few hours tops!
and I hope you enjoy....


The BROCANTE` Parade!

Lets  start off with this quilt from Joyce as And Sew On blog.
Love the color! It looks like confetti!



Here is a fun version of Brocante from Dorothy at Paws for Stitching blog.
Nice Spring color comination!



Here we have a Brocante creation made by Kim at Kim's Big Quilting Adventures...
bright a bubbly!

And this wonderful version was made by Eileen at My Quilting Porch blog... I love the way the stars stand out in
hers and the border too.




Alison at Cardygirl blog created  this stunning Brocante!
Picture perfect.



This little scrappy version is made by Carol at Carol's Crafty Creations!
Buster is right there to pose for us! (matching colar and leash ta boot)!

Here is a beautiful version of Brocante made by Diana at Quiltecke.




This sweet version was made by Kay.



   This fun Brocante creation was by Red Door Quilting! I love the colors in it!


This beautiful Brocante is made by Marica from Sweden.
I love the collage!





Here is a great version of this Schnibbles pattern made by Leah






And my last quilt of the show... from Denise at My Life in Quilts blog!
Another beautiful Brocante! This makes me want to make another one! Love the fabrics here!

  Thanks for stopping by to see our parade...
please be sure to see the other half of the parade at Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life!


13 comments:

Dianne said...

all of them ARE lovely!

Cardygirl said...

Great to see all the wonderful interpretations...I love seeing a parade!

Jules said...

Great May Day parade! I sure enjoy all the variations. Sometimes I wish I could get in your minds before I make mine! :)

Betty Lou said...

Each month the Parade gets more beautiful. Like seeing Buster in the parade.

Jessica said...

Gorgeous parade!

Gretchen said...

Wonderful Schnibbles this month! Everyone has such bright and cheery colors.

Sherri said...

Great quilts over here as well! (I deleted one that we both had...and added two that came in this afternoon). Talk to you soon!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thanks for doing this every month Sinta Renee!

Simone de Klerk said...

Such loveliness in one post!
Love how Kim added the striped border!

~Marica~ said...

Lovely parade. They are so lovely and so much different from same pattern..

Thanks for what you two do for the group..

Take care!

Vickie E said...

love to see all the quilts and quilt tops. thanks for posting!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Lovely parade! And I really like the Candy Bar Pinwheels so I think I'm going to make it for myself just because. I have a ton of charm packs that I can cut into and finally use them.

Q said...

Parade Day is definitely a favourite of mine, a bit sad I did not make it this month, but still so excited to see everyones' awesome versions!

Well done All!