Friday, July 1, 2011

Le Petite Parade and Happy Canada Day!

I can't believe that it's that time again! Summer is here and we are just starting the holiday weekend! I love the Independence Day holiday. It has got to be my favorite!
But today-- I am not forgetting "Canada Day". It's definitely a
 weekend planned around being outdoors and having barbeque's
 and sharing time with family and friends.... like Christmas without the gift wrap!



(oops, how did he get in here... no gift wrap needed here)!
To start things off though we are having our Le Petite parade of quilts.
Things get busy this time of year, so our parade is "petite", literally.
 But I know you will love seeing all of the quilts we have to show
 and the creative ways everyone made the project. Sheri at a Quilting Life has the other half of the parade going on over at her blog, so don't forget to check out everyones quilts over there too!

I have our next Le Petite project all ready to show you before the parade starts....
This is George. I really loved making this Schnibbles pattern.
It is a simple monkey wrench block with a lot of pizazz. 
I made mine with my Strawberry Fields fabric line by Fig Tree Quilts
This has got to be my favorite line by Joanna yet! 

Here is what you need to get started:

8 medium/dark charm squares half square triangles
32 assorted charm squares blocks
12 charm squares sashing
14 charm squares outer border
2 charm squares border corner squares
3/4 yard background

Now, let me show you the Le Petite parade. Everyone had the option of two different patterns. Option one was Ric Rac which is a Schnibbles pattern by Carrie Nelson and the second option was Recess.
It is a Schnibbles pattern also.

Here is the first quilt....
This is Recess and it was made by Allison aka CardyGirl.
I really love this pattern. I think it was a great one to show off 
this fabric group.


Next we have Recess made with Lilac Hill fabrics by
Carol C. Carol's version of Recess is so sweet!


Now we have Recess again by Carol at Carol's Crafty Creations.
I love this Sweetwater holiday fabric group, 12 Days of Christmas! Carol is trying to throw us off by not having Buster in the photo this month! However, I do like the way she has her quilt just hanging in the breeze!

Diana at Quiltecke blog made an adorable placemat!
She adapted the Ric Rac pattern and used Carrie's line of 
fabrics, Fresh Palette...... so cute!

This version of Ric Rac was made by Edith at Little Red Hen blog.
I love the rich colors here!

Eileen made Recess...there is another photo of her quilt showing a blue
border, which I think she is leaning towards, over at her blog: My Quilting Porch.
Please go take a look and see what a difference it can make!

Here is Recess, again, but for some reason this one just
speaks to me. I love the way this one looks!
It was made by Joyce at And Sew On.




Here is Recess created by Laura H.
Gotta love MoMo! It's just so cute!

WE had a little bit of difficulties with Sandy F's pictures... so I am posting them here in case Sherri didn't get the problem solved. Boy, it's always something... but I think you will agree that if this is the last quilt in the parade... that it's the best! Because it's two quilts by Sandy F!!!

Just look at what she did!
Using 77 fabrics for Recess...

and a little presto chang-o and look what she did with Ric Rac...
Yeap, this is Ric Rac! Sandy you amaze me!
The perfect flag for the 4th of July!!!

See, I told you it was a small parade... but with big impact! Thank you for stopping by to see the
quilts and a big thank you to all of you in the Le Petite group who were able to finish your quilts for the parade. I really enjoyed them all. I am so glad that we decided to go with 2 options this month.
I love the variety and since I made Ric Rac... of course now, I want to copy you guys who made the
Recess Schnibbles pattern!

I took vacation time from work starting today and through all of next week.
 It's a stay at home vacation... but I will be having family coming and going all week. I do hope to have some time to catch up on some quilt projects.
I will be taking some more time off at the end of the month to attend a retreat,
so I want to start getting things lined up and in order for that too.
Be back tomorrow for the result show = prizes!
  

14 comments:

LeAnn said...

Your George is so beautiful Sinta! I might have to copy exactly - he he! Thanks, as always, for co-hosting our parade. I sure look forward to it every month.

Dandelion Quilts said...

Good job quilters...just lovely finishes.

Cardygirl said...

They all look great...I had just bought Strawberry Fields for this month...drats!

Jules said...

Love your new quilt and a great petite parade! :)

Cindy said...

I love your "George" quilt! I agree Strawberry Fields is turning out to be one of my favorite Fig Tree lines also.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

George is in my future Sinta Renee! Beautiful! Thanks for another great parade.

Dorothy said...

Sinta - I have not been able to get the last 2 months projects done, I work at a garden center and April - June is so busy, but July is slow! So I have ordered the George pattern off Ebay and will definetly be in for July!
Dorothy in IL

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

What a fun parade. Some amazing quilts there. I love George, too. I think you're right about that fabric line. Too sweet!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Simone de Klerk said...

Beautiful quilts! And yes, the flag version is perfect. I had to look closely to see if it was actually a Le Petite.
You new Le Petite is very very pretty!

Corrie said...

Your George in Strawberry Fields is fantastic! Darling. Great parade!

Chartreuse Moose said...

All the quilts are so lovely...!Thank you for delightful post!

Gretchen said...

Wonderful quilts for this parade. I didn't get my Recess finished but hope to get it done soon!

Christine said...

I adore your George quilt ... have some Strawberry Fields on order. Even more keen for it to arrive after seeing your lovely quilt.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh my gosh. Great stuff.