Friday, June 1, 2012

Is There A Doc In The House???

Here it is... the parade of DOC!

I have been going crazy over the quilts that everyone has made using the
Schinbbles pattern Doc!
Sherri and I have a whole lot of Doc's in the house for this parade!

We have some very fun, exciting, special news to share with you...
it's about the Schnibbles quilt for June.

See it here:


There are two versions to chose from. A 16 patch and a 
36 patch. Both are adorable, fun and easy to whip up..
that's why it's called leap year. It can be done
in that one "extra" day! Easie peasie!

I had some leftovers from a shop sample I made recently, so I used them
to make a quick 16 patch as a picnic quilt. I went ahead and added an extra
border because that was left over also... and it was EXACTLY the
right size!
(sorry, it was windy... couldn't keep it flat. I might have to go try that again)

It's called Leap Year.
You haven't seen it around anywhere yet.
And that's because it's a special pattern Carrie
made just for you. 
How nice is that?
Sherri and I wanted to give you a special little something as a thank you for
being in Another Year of Schnibbles and Carrie
is helping us out. Because what would be better than a FREE
pattern for you? 
You just need to be a member of AYOS 
(and that will include you if you have emailed me recently to join in)
So to get your free pattern leave a comment. IF your name starts with
A-K leave me a comment.
if it starts with
L-Z leave a comment on Sherri's parade. 
But....
If you haven't participated in our Schnibbles parades, the pdf patterns will be available for sale at Carrie's shop beginning next Wednesday; paper patterns will be available from her in a couple of weeks.

We thank you for making the first of each month so special for us!
So, do you want to see our parade of Doc?

Let's start:

Here is the first of several gorgeous Doc quilts...
you won't be able to pick a favorite. This one was created by Lesley
at the Cuddle Quilter blog.




Here is a gorgeous little Doc made by Eileen at

 This one is from Kay at Quilt Studio Happenings... she used all
of her 30's fabric stash for this one... well, not all... not even a lot!

 This is a sweet table runner from Karen at Kigwit's blog

Isn't this stunning? This is from Kim at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure.
I love this one!

 Of course... it's tropical... it's from the Patriotic Quilter Joanna!

This Schnibbles quilt was made by Kim at A Peach In Stitches Quilting blog.


 Well, you can see who's quilt this is! And look
at that sweet purse to go with it! Carol from
and Buster is happy to model!

Cheryl's Doc quilt was made with Sweetwater fabric called Lucy's Crab Shack.
How cute is that?


 Here is a beautiful version of Doc made by Denise in PA!
This is Doc by Izzy over at Dizzy Quilts blog.
You can't go wrong with California Girl. 
This just looks so sweet.

 This is the Doc Schnibbles made by Karen in New Mexico.
 I love the grey background with the bright fabric combo!
She used Kate Spain fabrics and left off the border to keep it a little more simple.

This one is from Darlene at Quilting Daze!
I love the way the cornerstones pop out!  A gorgeous quilt!!!

 Andee in Az made her beautiful version of Doc
in these bright and beautiful fabrics. 

Here is another Doc made by Deb (no blog).
She  made her Schnibbles out of these fun colors... love that Vintage Modern

 This one is so soft and precious. This
was made by Gerri! 
 Jill made her version of Doc in a fun group of fabrics called
Sassy by Sandy G. So bright and happy!!!

 Bea from France made this adorable Doc quilt!
It's just as sweet as can bea!
 These colors really excite me! This was made by Gretchen at Stella Bella
Quilts blog. The background is gorgeous too!

Diana at Quilteke made her sweet little Doc into a
pillow! I love the way she used the same fabrics in the same position for 
each block!

 Edith at Red Door Quilting made her beautiful quilt in 
gorgeous warm colors. I love the way this one looks...
and the way she changed the border on it!

 Jan has a wonderful story for her quilt that you can read on her blog.
She made her version using Urban Cowgirl... and she photographed it in 
front of hay! I love it. No, she didn't have to take a trip to Wyoming to do it...
she lives there!
 Christine at Auntie's Quaint Quilts made her Doc using Delilah fabric... so romantic!

This fabric line is so fun... do you see her border fabric?
This is from Karen Quilting Losing and Tea blog


 Here is one happy cat! She is sitting on Brenda's version of Doc.
You can see more of this beautiful quilt at Quilting Along Life's Way blog.
This adorable Doc was created by Carmen.
I like the solid corner squares at opposing ends.

This fun version of Doc was created by Denise at Bitten By The Quilting Bug!
I love the controlled use of color for each block!

 Dorothy from Paws for Stitching wanted to just make one block and 
turn it into a table mat. I see a patriotic theme here, very fun!!!

Here is a gorgeous version made by Kathy at T Creek Quilts.
Lots of impact!

 This cute little one was made by Kay (no blog)
Super sweet!


This is one made by Debbie at Tis the Season blog.
It looks great as a 4 block topper, doesn't it?

I hope that you enjoyed this parade, please go visit Sherri at A Quilting Life
to see lots more eye candy!
I am guessing that you might want to hop over
to La Vie En Rosie and give Carrie some blog love for her
wonderful Leap Year pattern too!

45 comments:

JoAnne said...

I love, love, love them! My first name starts with J so I'm commenting here. So thrilled with the new pattern!

Kim West said...

Oooohhhhhh pretty. I can't wait to work on Leap Year! thank you Carrie!!! kim at peachquilting dot com (because my gmail is different from my normal email account)

Brenda said...

I love the parade. It has been so fun to be involved in the Schnibbles this year. Carrie is very generous to give us the pattern for June.

Kigwit said...

I love seeing how everyone makes these schnibbles their own! My name starts with K so I would love to have the Leap Year pattern. AND I can use scraps!

Thanks for hosting AYOS-I know it is a lot of work for you and Sherri.

Quilt Hollow said...

I just came from Sherri's blog and posted there my name. OMG this month's Schnibbles variety is absolutely delightful!! I just love the fabric choices! Makes me want to make more!! Thank you to Ms Carrie and Rosie too!!

Karen O said...

I love love love all of the variety here. And when you hinted at a surprise from Carrie, I hoped it would be exactly what it turned out to be! Thank you for hosting, and please send me the new pattern.

Diana Schmitz / Quiltecke said...

Oh, what a great parade, so much nice DOC...
I can´t wait to work on Leap Year.
Have a nice weekend
Diana

trelly said...

Congrats ladies, beautiful works!!! Thanks Sinta and Sherri for create this wonderful group, I am very happy with my Schnibbles! Kisses from Spain

Izzy said...

Such gorgeous quilts! My name starts with I so here's my comment! So excited to be receiving the next pattern... I love it and cannot wait to get started!

Carol said...

I'm really looking forward to Leap Year. This month's Schnibble (Doc) is the first one I haven't made because I really don't like the card trick block, but the samples that were done are almost convincing me that I should.

Thank you for hosting and thanks to Carrie and Rosie for all the inspiring patterns.

Julianne K said...

Hi Sinta! I loved the parade, the tropical blue one is my favorite! I would love to join in this month...my name starts with J...thanks!

Anne Heidi said...

Wow so many beautiful quilts! I just love the card trick block :-)

Andee said...

Great Parade! My first name starts with A so I am commenting here. Great idea "Leap Year" can't wait to get to it!

Dee said...

OK, I saw a number of fabric combinations that I liked better than mine this month! I may have to make another one. This was the first time I've make this block, but I really liked it.

My name starts with D (dee) so I'm also commenting here for June's Schnibbles. Thank you Carrie! How very generous of you!

pianomama said...

Wow.....I'm so excited to see everyone's creations. It's so amazing to see the completely different looks from one pattern. It's been really fun to participate. Now I can't wait to start Leap Year. Thanks Carrie!

Kris said...

Those are all so cute. Each one looks totally different!!! Love it!rneyount 13

Christine said...

Wow.Thanks for another wonderful parade. They are all amazing.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the parade, and for the free pattern for next month. I think I can get that one done!

~Marica~ said...

Wonderful parade :) I´ll mail Sherri for the new pattern in June...

Dorothy said...

Hi Sinta! It is Dorothy -- thanks so much to Carrie for the free pattern I love it -- I think mine will be 30's!!
Can't wait to start!

Darlene said...

Fabulous parade of Docs - wowzer so many terrific fabric combinations.

Darlene said...

Wait, wait, wait, I forgot about the free pattern - Huge WOOHOO!!!!

Jill said...

What a wonderful parade & gift from Carrie, I am totally hooked. Please e-mail me the Leap year pattern, can't wait to get started.

Thank you all,
Jill Neely
jneely13@msn.com

Lesley said...

Another wonderful parade! It is always so much fun to see hw the pattern is made. Love them all! Thank you for hosting!

Deb said...

Thank you for hosting Another Year of Schnibbles. I've been viewing this for quite awhile and finally found the time to get one done. I will be doing more. Please email me the pattern. It's going to be a fun one.

Kim said...

Boy there are a lot of us participating! Yes, please, send me the pattern for June--and many thanks to the wonderful Carrie for making this available to us! (Thanks to you too, Sinta!)

Denise in PA said...

The Docs look fabulous! I'm looking forward to working on leap year!

Leah said...

Another great parade! Every one has done a great job. And a Big Thanks to Carrie!!!

Eileen said...

Thanks Sinta and also to Carrie, please send along the pattern for next month. It is so nice of her to do that. Neat little

kshackabq said...

So fun to see such terrific variety with Doc. Lots of great work. Thanks to you and Sherri for hosting the parade! Looking forward to working on Leap Year!

Cheryl said...

So many wonderful Doc quilts...Wow!!! I have started a Doc runner and will include it in June's parade for me!!! So nice of Carrie to give us the June pattern. Thanks to you and Sherri for all your work on the group.

Hildy said...

Beautiful parade again! My name starts with H so I'm commenting here! Say Carrie a big fat THANK YOU for the pattern (and of course to you and Sherri, too).
Greetings from germany, Hildy
hildy(at)ebertzeder(dot)de

Messy Karen said...

so many pretty Docs this month. well done. love the Leap Year you made in those soft colors. i can't wait to get started.

Béa said...

Wonderful parade, some have so beautiful fabrics choice ! Thank you for the pattern XXX

Becky said...

Gorgeous Doc quilts! I wasn't able to make one this month, but it is on my LIST. Love the new Leap Year design! Thank you, Carrie! My name begins with B (B is for Becky and that's enough for me:) Please send me the PDF file. Have a super Saturday!

Gretchen said...

Love the parade this month! Every version is just wonderful. Many thanks to you and Sherri for all your hard work and big thanks to Carrie for the generous surprise this month. Can't wait to start Leap Year--hard part is choosing what fabric to use.

Helen said...

I toyed with the idea of joining the Schnibble parade last month and wish I had. These Doc quilts are o charming!

Jeanne Gwin said...

I thought about joining DS but couldn't quite figure out who, where, what or when. Does that make me eligible now that I know where to go? :) Thanks

Cheryl said...

I forgot to say since my name starts with a "C" I would love a copy of the new pattern!!

Carol said...

Sinta I think this was the most absolutely amazing parade EVER! WOWSER! Love the new Schnibble...here's hoping I get this one done.

Wendy said...

Is There A Doc in the House! Too funny...I love them all! Bravo ladies! I have commented to many on how it just amazes me that we all start out with the same pattern and end up with such a different quilt! Love it! See you all int he next parade!

Abby said...

I love this parade - so sad I didn't get my completed - I'm still working on Summer Days!!! Please send me a Leap Year pattern.

Thanks!

Debbie said...

I can't wait to make leap year! Thanks CArrie, Sinta, and Sherri for this fun program....Now to decide what fabric to use...or scrappy?????

Kay said...

Leap year is adorable. I'm looking forward to getting started on it. :-)

May Kristin said...

Thanks for the parade! Loved seeing all the beautiful Doc's! Now I'm looking forward to do mine!