GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, November 16, 2012

It Was Well Worth It


My nephew and his wife are expecting.
Last week I got an invitation to the baby shower.
The shower is tomorrow!

 And of course my sister wanted me to give them a quilt!

 I was thinking I had until February to get it done...
but she meant for the shower!
A week and a half!*&!@#*!
Are you kidding me?
But then I found this shop sample for sale at my LQS.
So, I bought it. And yes, I am going to claim that I made it.
So, do you think that this is this like a two part sin?
1. Purchasing a quilt.
2. Putting my name on it.

Did I mention that I get the out of town guests for the weekend ta' boot!
Which meant that I was up at 5:30 this morning mopping my floors before I went to work.


Have a wonderful weekend!

26 friends stopped by to chat:

Anita said...

I would start plotting my revenge on my sister :)

Sherri said...

What a beautiful quilt...yes, it was worth it!

I have 25 people coming for dinner next week and haven't started cleaning...plus the State Championship football game is tomorrow...so not much will get done until after that! I might need some 5:30 a.m. mornings myself!

JoAnne said...

I don't think it is such a bad thing to purchase a quilt, as long as it is up to your standards, ha ha, which this one clearly is. The short "suspense" (military talk for deadline) reminds me of the one I got to make my niece's iceskating costume. We are traveling for this holiday, but everyone is coming to my house for Christmas! I'm going to be a maniac a month from now.

Ramona said...

To clear your guilty conscience you could make some companion pieces to match like a diaper bag, little basket to hold essentials and such! And thank you. I am excited about winning the new book. It was the highlight on a week filled with layoffs at work! Fortunately I was spared!

MareMare said...

You're kidding right? I don't see anything wrong with buying a quilt but I would never claim to make something I didn't, what a horrible example to set in the crafting industry.

Darlene said...

You do exactly what you have to do - no guilt allowed.

Give that sweet quilt with a happy heart. :-)

Marie said...

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Anonymous said...

You have plotted this out well!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wonderful gift! Have a great weekend!

Kate said...

Fair enough! A girl needs more warning for these sorts of things :-)

Carrie P. said...

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. In such a bind I might do the same thing. The quilt will make a great gift no matter who made it.

Carol said...

That's the cutest quilt. It's wonderful that you found a shop sample, saved you a lot of late nights. Enjoy the baby shower.

Betty Lou said...

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, i think you found the answer to your problem. It's a darling quilt and the new mom will be happy.

Linda said...

Cute quilt! But seriously...a quilt completed in a week...sisters!

Lesley said...

The quilt is just so sweet! Lucky you to have a LQS in your neighbourhood. A great find and one that will be loved.

Denise in PA said...

Well, you totally COULD have made this quilt (and maybe you did - you make so many maybe you DID make it at forgot - LOLOL!)

Needled Mom said...

It's a beauty though - bought or made by you!!!

Nicole said...

It is a lovely quilt! And I am thinking if the family thinks you can make a quilt in a couple of days, they are never going to know if you actually made that one or not.

John'aLee said...

Oh that is so adorable!

Chookyblue...... said...

cute quilt but I don't think you should say you made it yourself........But I would use it to sort the problem of having something done in such a short space of time.......

Carrie said...

Very very cute quilt that you absolutely could have made... and I don't see a single problem with buying it for a baby gift. If you have any sort of life at all, making a finished quilt - pieced, quilted and bound - in a week is really hard. It's a lot of work so good for you for finding something wonderful to give to the expectant mother at the shower. Good job on finding something so terrifically perfect.

I am not sure I would claim to having made it - and seeing that you blogged about it, i think you've already let that cat out of the bag... which I think you already knew. ;)

Helen said...

It's a super cute quilt so who cares. I think she will be very happy to receive it. I like that pattern--our family has a couple of babies on the way and I think that would be a perfect quilt for a new baby.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute. Darling quilt. Put it this way you COULD have made it!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh - the sin of sins! lol lol It's a pretty quilt, sin or no sin.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Yup! I would have done the same thing!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cute cute cute quilt top! I totally would have bought it and finished it myself ! Great find.