GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, April 20, 2009

The Debut

Okay, here it is... the big unveiling! I took some photos of some quilts over the weekend. A couple of them will be entered into my guilds' quilt show next month. Please excuse the photography as I get use to all of this. Shew I am breaking a sweat trying to get this all organized on here! Anyway, the first quilt is Star Patch. The pattern is by Jan Patek. I just taught this class at Cottage Quilts last month.




This quilt... I wish the picture came out better... is Figgy Pudding by Fig Tree Quilts. I will enter this one and the one above into the show.






I used the Quilt Soup fabric line "Ellery" for the houses. I had been wanting to do a house quilt for a long time... so this is Cotswold Cottages from Miss Fig Tree, Joanna's book.


Here is a happy spring-ish quilt. Huge flowers! This is from an older Fig Tree pattern. Virginia, a friend of mine did the quilting on all of these quilts... I just love what she does.



Okay, that is it for now. I have one more that will be entered into the show but that one is in my office (at my big girl job). I will take a picture of that this week.
Now, on another note... it is Monday and I have been happily in the sidelines yet still a part of Red Geranium Cottage's (aka Sharon) looser Monday group. I am happy to say that I did lose 4 1/2 pounds! I gave up drinking hot tea in the morning. This, if you knew me you would understand, was a huge sacrifice! Mr. Earl Grey: I still love you... I just can't have the caffeine
right now, you understand... okay not just the caffeine-the sugar, the cream, yada yada!
Thanks for stopping by!







9 friends stopped by to chat:

Heidi said...

Hi Sinta, I will be adding you to my favorites, so I can totally keep up with what you are doing!!! I too love to quilt, but you are way beyond me!.....I adore all your quilts, but absolutely LOVE the flower one!!! I so need to make one too!....Is it very difficult??...Thank you for the inspiration my friend!!!.....& welcome to being a blogger!!.....Heidi XO

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your quilts are beautiful!!! I love them. All of them. Great job on the weight loss and the blog. Welcome!!

kana said...

Sinta,

I love your quilts, especially figgy pudding. The blog is going well. I love your photo on the left!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

All very beautiful quilts. Your work is wonderful.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Loving the flower quilt! Good job on the loser front! You're doing great.

Kim said...

Don't like Fig Tree much, do you?! LOL! I love your quilts--I just may like the flower one best because it's so different from any I've done, but it's hard to choose! Oh, the houses from the Ellery line--I have pieces from that line and haven't decided what to do with them yet, but you've reminded me that I'd like to pull those out and do SOMETHING!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are all such beautiful happy quilts.

Bonnie said...

A good beginning on your blog. Don't you just hate when you lose pictures or they show up in the wrong place? Keep showing your work -- it is inspiring to see others. institcheswithbonnie.blogspot.com

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh I love your quilts.. I almost missed them because the rss feed didnt work for your blog...but now it is..:O)
Gosh I want them all!!! :o)