Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Purging Part II

My one linen closet designated to sewing fabric. This is my group of fabrics that I didn't dare part with after the purging. Now this doesn't show you my baskets of my favorites, charm packs or jelly rolls but for the most part this is what I have scaled down to.

While I was cleaning I found these sweet indigo fabrics. The 5 fabrics stacked show the front and the back side of each of those fabrics... they have an opposite design on the back... can you see?
I think these will be fun to do something with... and if I wasn't already started on a Gone to Market pattern... that might have been it.

And I have been prepping my handles for Gone to Market!

I am getting close to having them all ready to go.

Another project from the weekend was a little something out of the new Schnibbles Times Two book. It called for a layer cake but was easily converted to a charm pack and jelly roll that I had on hand of an older Fig Tree group, Fig & Plum.

It is getting close to the end of the month... and that means that there is a Schnibbles Parade ahead! See you then.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love your "new" closet look--it isn't fun when you can just open the door or drawer and see what all you have to work with!!!!
Have fun--Hugs, Di

call me crazy said...

Oh that closet is too neat~ want me to come over and mess it up for you? LOL ;-) Great job with purging and organizing. And I love the blue fabrics! They will make something fun!

Sue said...

Love your organized closet. Are you scaling down for any reason other than just to be organized? You're not getting out of the quilting business are you?

Love your handles! Those are so cute.

Thelma said...

Wow, busy girl. I think your fabric stash seems reasonable.

Your basket handles look perfect! I love them.

I just got my Schnibbles Times Two book, first up for me, Hot Buns. I don't know when or out of what, but that's going to be my first quilt from that book, which I LOVE!

Béa said...

My Tagalong is finally posted on my blog if you want to have a look, just in time for parade.

Sherri said...

Sinta, you are not going to believe this...my going to market pattern came in the mail today! I can't wait to make this quilt...need to find handle fabric first, though...where did you get yours?