GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, May 6, 2010

There's Fun, and Then There's FUN


One of the fun things about living in a small town... you get quaint little  Carnivals that come in once a year. You just don't see them this small anymore!

But how cute is that? It reminds me of when our boys were pre-teen age and we took them to the big Fresno Fair (nearest large town to us).  We dipped into the large container of "spare change" & they filled up their pockets and off we went. It of course made me a wreck... so easy to loose someone in large crowds... I kept counting heads... 1, 2, 3... 4, 5. Ok, breathe. 1, 2, 3,4... where is 5? ... ok, 5, breathe.
Anyway, they were on one of those large basket rides that spin. It stops to let more kids on, starts, stops... the boys are at the top... and then all of a sudden all you can hear is tink, tink, clang, tink.  They are up there, upside down and their pockets of change are emptying out... it was remaining money... everywhere!


Speaking of spinning things... here are my Hex-a-gon Along blocks. They are all sewn, 
 now.. on to the next step!
But I could get diverted... I got my copy of Quilt Sampler!!!
Now that is my idea of fun... perusing the pages, seeing the projects and then
going back over them to read how large each shop is and how many bolts of fabric they have, then I do in depth looks at each of the store samples! Ymmm! Fun!
I never miss an issue and this one has got to be my favorite. Lots of goodness inside!
In Between Stitches in Livermore CA.
And this wonderful little shop, ok, not so little, but has lots of Quilt Soup samples...


including a project by Barbara Jones herself!
Lots of FUN!

13 friends stopped by to chat:

reddoorquilting said...

I have tried to look at the site for Bear Paw Quilts...can't get anywhere. Is the web site up and running? I think I won something for the schnibble in May. Edith

Trisha said...

I love your hexegons in Hello Betty. So cute!

Cyndi said...

Love, love, love your hexagon blocks! Those fabrics are some of my favorites...made myself a bag from them last summer. And I remember those little carnivals from when I was a kid...don't see them much anymore, but they were always fun!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Heather said...

Carnivals are fun, but I can't do the spinny rides anymore (ewwww)

I can't wait to get my Quilt Sampler magazine, my LQS is Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe, and it's so amazing in there, I was thrilled they got chosen!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the carnival story! I always do the head count thing too. Pre-teens and crowds can get a bit worrisome. It must have been funny (and aggravating at the same time) to hear all the change dropping down like that.

John'aLee said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love when people leave comments...because I can see who they are and what they are up to. I love your blog...and oh the name...how cute!!
Quilting Hugs,
John'aLee

Unknown said...

Quilters Haven is a favorite of mine-- the shop with all the Quilt Soup stuff. They are north of where I live and I don't get there often enough, but I love it there!

Linda said...

Lucky you to have the Quilt Sampler book already. My summer-time LQS is in also...Bear Paw Quilting/Bernina in Coeur d' Alene, ID. Really cool BIG log cabin.

Linda said...

For reddoorquilting Bear Paw is Bear Paw quilting and Bernina in CdA, ID. The site is running.

Sherri said...

Finally found a copy of Quilt Sampler today...I absolutely love it...always look forward to these issues!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

A carnival - HOW FUN!!! I love your blocks - and thanks for the heads up on the magazine - just bought some "Simply Sweet" - so I need to check it out!

Thelma said...

Good Morning Sinta,
Happy Mothers Day to you!
I got all exited when I saw your copy of the newest Quilt Sampler magazine. What a wonderful Mothers Day present for me......I ran to the store but it's not made its way to my little neck of the woods yet.... ; (( We get new magazines in town on Tuesday, hopefully then!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i want to go to a carnival!!! and i'm loving your hexagon blocks... looking really good!!