GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Here is Your Free Choice Schnibbles Parade

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. I always enjoy the Memorial weekend. Three days off!!!
We start off with putting out the buntings and other decorating in red, white and blue. I love the family get together and BBQ's. Nothing better than the smell of a Barbeque! And laughter!
I think you are really going to enjoy A Year of Schnibbles parade of quilts for this month! May's Schnibble was a free choice... so everyone got to pick a Schnibble that they had been wanting to do that we hadn't picked before. So we have a big variety to show you and of course over at Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life is another half of the parade that you won't want to miss!

But before we begin, I thought you would like to see what the
 Schnibbles pattern is going to be for this month...
We were thinking that  this pattern reminded us of Summer and what do you do in Summer?
Maybe go to the State Fair!





Finished size: 31" x 31"  Fabric requirements:
50 charm squares for blocks     19 charm squares for outer border
5/8 yard background & inner border    1/3 yard binding
(I actually used a Jelly Roll for mine, I only had a little bit of fabric left over)
So now let's see the parade while you are thinking about what fabrics to use for State Fair!





To start with we have Betsy made out of Cherish by Andee from the Modern Day Diary blog.

She also made a coordingating little topper!








This is the Embroidery Lady's, Gran, Bow Tie


This is Scratch made by Simone of Quilting and Stitchery blog.



This Schnibbles is Gentle Art. Made by Mary of the Needled Mom blog.


Here is Karen's Gentle Act using her fabric of choice, a medley of fabrics by 3 Sisters.



Trish of Quilt Tales and Cat Tails  made Decoy for her free choice Schnibbles this month.. .in patriotic colors and topped with as nice little vintage sewing machine!


Thelma od Cupcakes and Daisies did a unique twist and combined 2 Schnibbles patterns, Madeline and Good Fortune and made this beautiful quilt that she has renamed Madeline's Good Fortune!



Here is Hot Cross Schnibbles by Suzie.


This one was made by Stina, it's her sweet version of Hot Cross.



Sasha made this one, it's Houseboat!


This is McGuffey by Sandy at Sandy Loves to Quilt.


Here we have-- Cheap Trick-- by Sandy F!


This Schnibble was made by Robin at R SIS LAND CRAFTS blog. It's McGuffey.


Here is Oso made by Mary F. of Quilt Hollow!











This Schnibble was made by Marianne at D is for Dovy. This is Marianne's version of Ballet Slippers!


And here is McGuffey by Lisa B the Candle Lite Quilter



Here we have a Schnibbles is made by  Suzanne!



From Sandy's Show and Tell... This is Sandy's Schnibble "McGuffey!



This one is X-Rated by Megan of Crooked Seams




This is Reveille by Kim of Kim's Big Quilting Adventure. Love that mitered border!



Here is Nice Day by Sandy of  Crazy Bout Quilts. Sweet!




This is a very fun version of Houseboat by Polly of Aunt Polly's Porch.




This colorful version of Scratch is made by Regena of Quilt N Quilt Things


Here is Lincoln made by the wonderful Paulette! I love how the stars pop in this one! (Sorry, no blog.)

...and one more to add is from Trish at TLC Stitches!
This is her version of Two Bits! The back looks just as good too!






So if you haven't been there already, go over to A Quilting Life and see the rest of the parade!
I hope you enjoyed this month's parade of Schnibbles as much as I did!
Check back tomorrow to see our winners!

27 friends stopped by to chat:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Sinta I loved the parade - and a grand one it was. I appreciate your efforts and TLC on making this such a fun quilting event to belong to.

Kim D. said...

Beautiful Quilts!! Thanks for sharing all those lovely quilts.

Kim said...

How fun to see all these different quilts and what everyone's done with them! Now I need to pop over and watch the other parade! Thanks!

Darlene said...

Wonderful parade of Schnibbles quilts. Applause, applause!!!

I've already made State Fair - woohoo!!!

Needled Mom said...

I loved seeing all of the different patterns this month. They are all wonderful and I am looking forward to State Fair.

Andee said...

My Schnibbles doesn't seem to have made the parade! Not only did I manage to have it done in time and emailed in time, it was quilted and bound too! Hope it gets added in here because I am bummed! :(

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, so many wonderful Schnibbles and so very diverse. Love the parade!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh.. loved to see all the different Schnibbles... sooo many I still have to make.... :o) Just wonderful... :o)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love them all!! Thanks for this month's parade.

Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the parade. It was fun to see what each of us chose and that nobody did State Fair.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What cute Schnibbles quilts! And, I love your State Fair, too! Thanks for hosting - so we can see all of these cute quilts!

Cindy said...

I'm over here clapping and saying HURRAY to all the gorgeous Schnibbles.

This has been such a fun parade, showcasing such a variety of Schnibbles.

Sure makes me anxious to make my next Schnibble.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great parade this month! It's fun to see which Schnibble everyone picked this month.

Anonymous said...

Great parade!

Your blog was featured on the "Spring Fever Bingo" blogspot... Good Luck! ...Karen

Nanette Merrill said...

Great work. Loved them all. Thanks for the show n tell Sinta.

John'aLee said...

How pretty are those quilts!!
My favorite was the red white and blue one, and the one by D is for Dovey.
Keep up the great work. It looks like you are a real inspiration to all quilters out there!

Karen said...

Hi, I dropped over to visit you after seeing your blog featured on "Spring Fever Blog Bingo". Thanks for showing all these wonderful Schnibbles Quilts. I love them all.

I recently completed the top to my first Schnibbles quilt....."Roundabout" and hope to make a few more soon.

Happy Quilting!

Karen (NanaKaren)

CathyC said...

a lovely parade - very motivating ;-)

Thelma said...

Another wonderful Parade, Thanks so much Sinta!

I"m really excited about State Fair, I'm hoping to squeeze it in later this month.

Heather said...

Love the parade, it is fun to see what everybody chose. I like the free choice, so I could use a pattern in my stash :D I finished the State Fair top, and love it, I like how it had a second pinwheel after you put the blocks together, so cute :) http://quiltorstitch.blogspot.com/2010/06/state-fair-quilt-top.html

Cindy said...

My June Schnibbles is done - but a little messed up! I posted it here: http://hyacinthquiltdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/06/e-for-my-june-schnibbles.html

Marianne said...

Finished my State Fair! What fun it was! Thanks.

http://disfordovey.blogspot.com/2010/06/problems.html

rakesh said...

Its wonderful Parade, Thanks so much
bingo sites co uk

Sonia Bilton said...

Great work. Loved them all. Thanks for the show and tell Sinta.... thanks a lot new slot sites with a free sign up bonus!

Anonymous said...

Your article are awesome and knowledgebale,You can also try..........all new slot sites UK

Divineslots said...

There will be no difficulty while playing these games. It offers blazing fast mobile gaming experience unlike other best online slot site.

isla fisher said...

Great work. Loved them all. Thanks for the show n tell Sinta.