GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things


One of the great things about the Quilting in the Garden show last weekend...
was being at the nursery itself! 
But aside from playing...
I had to get busy with my Spider blocks for my retreat coming up next month.

It's just a few weeks away and a Spider Web string quilt is
one of the  projects! 
So I am starting on my sample.
I really have a hard time with "string" quilts...
And in order to keep myself from going insane I decided to
have a controlled pallet for my quilt.
Although I really like the opportunity that this blocks gives you for using up your scraps...
I just need to have an order to my kayos. If that makes sense?

I finally got my first Betsy's Closet block made and have the next one
in the hoop! I try to work on it during my lunch hour during the week, but 
I think I need a new plan... because I need to get these done much faster...
some people have like 5 out of the 9 done already! 

Okay, back to the nursery...

I love flowers!
Did I ever tell you that I use to work as a florist when I was younger?
It was so much fun. 
That is the time period when I wore vintage clothes and  yes, hats too!
Loved it!

 Here is a fun quilt at In Between Stitches Quilt shop in Livermore.
I believe the pattern is from Anaka's Treasures, Living Large II booklet.

 okay, just a little more eye candy...
(sigh)

10 friends stopped by to chat:

Cheryl said...

Pumpkins and flowers!! Two of my favorite things.

Deborah said...

I was there on Sat. Isn't it amazing? I grew up in Livermore and went to Alden Lane often with my mother when I was just a little girl. I would have loved to have said hi!

carol fun said...

Great pictures of Alden Lane - I love all the Fall stuff! Your embroidery is adorable - so sweet! Hope the rest go quicker.

Sue said...

Oh how I LOVE Flowers & Pumpkins ! I am SO ready for FALL :-D

Denise :) said...

All very sweet things ... good choices as favorites, I'd say! Where's the Betsy's Closet stitch-a-long? It's quite darling?!? :)

Mary said...

Beautiful pictures! I have the same problem with string quilts but never thought of a controlled palette. Great idea!!!

Cheryl said...

I love your pretty garden pictures...and those wonderful pumpkins. I am more than ready for Fall. The news is reporting 100 degree temps for us again on Monday...whine, whine, whine :-)!!
Love your blocks and emobroidery.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday, Sinta!!!!

Lynette said...

Your string stars are so pretty. It's going to be gorgeous with the corner florals forming hexagons in there.

Jocelyn said...

Well, well, well, I hear that it is your birthday!! Have a wonderful day :-)