Monday, November 26, 2012

Caving In To Temptation

I had a very nice Thanksgiving.
What could be better than to be surrounded by
the people I love!


But I couldn't help pushing on through to Christmas... getting the
decorations out and put up. And then I thought...
 it would be fun to make up a little. 
 Christmas quilt!  I caved into temptation decided to make up this little guy.
So I got out my scraps and made up this Thimble Blossoms pattern.
I had just purchased the stripe fabric to make into Dresden blades, but 
it became necessary to reassign the fabric to this project. 
I didn't quite have enough to do the inside border or the outside border, but
I think I can find some fabric for that easy enough. 
Seriously, this was the funnest little project and quick to make too.
I think it set the whole mood for the holiday for me.

But, the downfall is that I didn't finish my BOM Rehab project! 
How did you do?






13 comments:

Q said...

Glad you had a lovely thanks giving, I finally got inspired to work on my BOM... (just)

The Christmassy pattern is adorable!

Carol said...

Oh Sinta I started that cute ornament quilt this weekend too...It is so darn cute! I just love it!

Darlene said...

Yours is adorable - way to go. I'm going to quilt and bind mine this week. It's huge favorite.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a cute quilt!

Cindy said...

It's so pretty! Love the colors!

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

That's just adorable! You're so quick -- just decided to throw it together, and there it is!

Thelma said...

Sinta! You crack me up! I have this pattern, I may have to squeeze this one in this year, your's looks adorable!

Izzy said...

Such a cute quilt. I understand how you would get tempted. :-)

Brandie said...

I think that is so cute! I'm tempted...

Mary said...

I LOVE your little quilt! What line is the strip fabric - I can always use a pink stripe. I decided I need a Christmas quilt, too, so that's what I've been working on. This is the first year I've made one.

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Quilt Hollow said...

Your quilt with those ornaments is adorable! Now I wish I would have gotten that pattern. Lol

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Pretty Christmas quilt. I like the non-traditional colors that you used.

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm in the process of caving.