GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting In The Spirit


I've been very very busy this past week...

making Christmas cards for clients.
I have made 60 now, so I'm just about half way through.

I have to listen to holiday music while I am making my cards to help 
me be in the holiday spirit.
(and it helps me sit still while working on such a tedious task)
Well, it's a good excuse anyway, because I love to listen to Christmas music. 
I start off by listening to winter songs (in October)
 and get into more traditional music as it
gets closer to Christmas.
My first purchase of the holiday season is usually a new Christmas CD.
I use to find great ones at Pier 1.
But in recent years my best finds have been at Starbucks.


Last week I found this group and think they sound amazing... and Carol of the Bells 
is one of my most favorite songs, so I thought I would share the group with you.
(just in case you need a little help getting into the spirit).
Do you have a favorite Christmas CD?

13 friends stopped by to chat:

Lesley said...

Love your little cards and really enjoyed the song! Yes, I am now in the Christmas spirit! I love so many songs of Christmas...White Christmas is a favorite!

Needled Mom said...

Your cards are just darling. The music always puts me in the Christmas spirit too.

JoAnne said...

I think music is one of the best ways to get in the spirit. I love the group you posted. I may have to look for their CD. My personal favorite is both of Neil Diamond's Christmas albums--in particular, I love his version of White Christmas, which normally isn't my favorite.

Debbie said...

Thank You. I love good Christmas music. These guys are awesome. Mannheim Steamroller is one of my favorites. Guess I like the instrumentals. Your cards are cute.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

O Holy Night is my favorite. Carol of the Bells is another. I have a short list of faves since I'm not too big on listening to Christmas music. Big Grinch over here. LOL.

Denise in PA said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, Sinta - it's amazing! Carol of the Bells is one of my favorites also. I have to say my favorite Christmas CD the past few years is hands down Transiberian Orchestra's Christmas Eve and Other Stories.

Anonymous said...

No favorite CD, but I do enjoy hearing multiple verses of Jingle Bells from my backseat this time of year. My 4 & 6 year old love the part where you yell "HEY!". Makes me smile and join along. BTW ... is it just me, or do your pictures look fuzzy lately? New camera? Instagram?

Mary said...

Your cards are really sweet. Did you use a stamp or is that your handwriting? Very pretty, whichever it is! I pull out my Christmas music (usually classical - I LOVE Il Divo and the Three Tenors) before Thanksgiving. It just sounds peaceful.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love that song! They did an amazing job! I guess a new CD is on my shopping list now. ;-) Your cards are so cute! Have a happy day!

Kim Brackett said...

I was thinking about your handmade cards yesterday! I thought maybe I would give it a try this year, then I came to my senses. :-) Yours are so pretty!

That's an amazing group! I just went to Rhapsody and downloaded everything I could find. Thanks so much for sharing the video!

Karen said...

I so enjoyed this!! My favorite is Chris Tomlin - Glory to God in the Highest.

Corrie said...

Your cards are wonderful. Wow, Sinta, that's a lot of love & work. Great song. I just found a Christmas CD that I bought last year day after Christmas sale - gotta love that!

Carrie P. said...

you have been busy creating cute cards.