GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, December 31, 2012

2013-- Bring It On!

Please note: our AYOS parade of Schnibbles normally would be January 1st.
But we are going to have it on Jan. 2nd instead. 
I know, I know... I can hardly stand it myself...
but you know, holidays, traveling... yada, yada, yada. The good news is...
if you haven't made enough of your sweet little Morsels... there is still time.
 I wanted to let you know that JoAnne the Patriotic Quilter did a fabulous tutorial over on 
her blog on how to print on twill tape... great for a certain little Morsel!

...so go check out her blog for great instructions!


I am taking a little break from Block of the Month Rehab.
I hope you will be back and join me next Monday for 
the Rehab. (January 7th), you are welcome to show all of your 
rehab projects for the last couple of weeks!

There are a couple of fun things starting in the land of Blog 
...in 2013 that I am looking forward to.
#1
Monique at Open Gate blog is starting a 6 month BOM. Which is great if
you only want to make a small commitment. If you want to double up
each block and make 12... all the better!
Here is a look at the quilt!


You probably know Open Gate Quilt patterns...
Thelma at Cupcakes n Daisies just finished one of her BOM patterns and posted about it here.

#2
Pam Buda is starting a little sew along on Friday called Pocket Patchwork. 
It will run for 5 weeks... that's it... 5 weeks! 
Do you know Pam Buda... she is Heartspun Quilts. 
Wonderful yummy patterns... we did a parade or two of her patterns a 
couple years ago in La Petite.


This is from Jennifer G from Texas who
 shared her photo on Pam's blog for the last Pocket Patchwork she did.
I can't wait to see what sweet little blocks she is making for 2013!

#3
One that I am looking forward to playing along in is...
Pam Kitty Morning along with the girls at Fat Quarter Shop
 will be hosting a Civil War Sampler BOM. They are calling it Back to School
with Pam Kitty Morning.
There are 50 blocks and they will be making 5 per month.
But the fun thing is... Pam Kitty Morning fabric will be used instead of 
the traditional fabric style. (I'm sure you can use any fabric... but go see how cute
the blocks are).
Photo: We are turning in our homework tomorrow! Stop by the Jolly Jabber tomorrow to see our first 5 blocks in the Back to School with Pam Kitty Love series!  Don't forget to join in with us and make 5 blocks per month! 

More info found here: http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/2012/12/back-to-school-with-pam-kitty.html

You can see the first set of blocks at the Jolly Jabber!
I think my book is in my mailbox today! I will be able to get started
soon!

So, if you are in need of any more inspiration for block of the month projects...

I can always find some way to get into trouble over

7 friends stopped by to chat:

JoAnne said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the link to my tutorial! I'm going to be doing Monique's BOM as well. I've got so many fun projects awaiting that I can't wait for the New Year.

Linda said...

Happy New Year, Sinta!

trish said...

Happy Happy New Year! Trish

Darlene said...

Happy New Year, Sinta!

Helen said...

I was just looking at all these new BOMs and I want to start all of them! And I haven't even been to BOM Rehab for months! Oh well!

Have a happy New Year!

Kim Brackett said...

I adore the little Morsel you're working on. And what's up with all the BOMs? I thought you were in rehab? I'm leaving before I get into trouble, too. :-)

I hope you have a fabulous 2013!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug of my quilt for Pam Buda's sew along! It was a fun project, and I look forward to what she has next. Will the AYOS continue into 2013 I wonder! I can't wait for the parade!