GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Maybe the Last One



I am nearly done with this quilt.
I had to do a little tweaking, but
I am near the finish line on it!



Which means that this is the last quilt
that needs to be quilted for the quilt show!
It was one of those "bonus quilts". I made it all from
scraps.
 I used all my leftover fabrics from my FQS Designer Mystery quilt.
Woo hoo! I had hardly any of the taupe fabric from the Strawberry Fields
group left... so I was super excited last week when my LQS got
Avalon delivered and I saw some taupe in the line!!!
I instantly purchased some and replaced my inner border with the
new Avalon fabric and then added another print from Avalon
to the final border.
I am a very happy camper!


I have one quilt at the LAQ right now... and when I get that one
back this week, I will hand over my Dancing Dollies and breath
a sigh of relief.
But in my mind I keep thinking...
I can squeeze one more in before May 1st.
So, maybe this isn't the last one!
Posted by Picasa

13 friends stopped by to chat:

Lesley said...

Sinta, your quilt is gorgeous! The colors are so fresh...how wonderful that you were able to make this quilt almost .totally with fabric 'left overs'! Looking forward to seeing the next one!

Threeundertwo said...

What a great way to use up all the scraps! That quilt makes me smile. I'm betting you can squeeze one more in.

Linda said...

Wonderful! All the colors are great and what a wonderful quilt to use up your scraps! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this quilt. Truth be told, it was this quilt kit - offered by Fig Tree herself - that got me inspired to get back into quilting after 15 years. And I haven't stopped since! I haven't made my quilt yet either, but that's another story. Perhaps I'll keep my 'kit' intact and do what you did with all scraps - they look great!!

Cathy said...

Sometimes the leftover quilts are very stunning. I always make a leftover quilt but usually smaller. I love what you have done. Hugs

Aunt 'Reen said...

I really LOVE this quilt! Awesome use of your scraps. Just gorgeous.

Needled Mom said...

That really looks fabulous.

Carol said...

Sinta it is absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD! I love it!

Kris said...

You are amazing Sinta! I cannot believe you work outside the home as well. Wow...
xo Kris

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt! I have the pattern but had forgotten. I'll have to add this to my list of want to makes. You did a beautiful job - just like always!!!

Grit said...

Wonderful. Your quilt looks so fantastic.

Grit from Germany

Carrie P. said...

Congrats! It is such a sweet quilt. Love the rick rack trim.

Huckleberry stitches said...

I am joining this year...mine is in progress! Saw all the beautiful quilts last year and thought , "I want to do that!" Count me in.