GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Backtracking

I got behind on posting my photos during Pink Week.
I thought I would catch up a little and show you a photo of 
Anchors Aweigh while it was "under construction".
I would lay the rows out on the bed in my guest room as I went along,
but I didn't do the rows in actual order...
it went more like 1, 2, 8, 4, 5.
That's just how I roll!


Here is another project (a secret project) 
that I whipped up for my Summer of Fun...
I actually made the quilt that is pictured here.
But that one got the binding on and boxed up
 and mailed the second the last stitch was in it!
So I never took a photo of my completed quilt.

I did get lots of practice with mitered corners while making it. I followed
the pattern instructions on this one and really liked the way
that it was written. I will continue to make mitered corners
with that method.
Obviously, this is a kit that the FQS has on their site ready for
pre-order.

Oh yeah, and my cousins quilt too...
she had made her first big quilt and I helped
with the parts after the blocks were together.
My LAQ quilted it for her.
Here is how it looked with the binding on before it went
to be mailed to Portland...

    
And here is how it looks on her bed!
The backing is a wild batik that Incorporated
the color of her wall and the colors in the quilt.
She got it yesterday!

Tonight I am teaching at the LQS, a Swoon class.
I think it's going to be a lot of fun!
Swoon? Of course it's going to be lots of fun!
I hope to have pictures for you tomorrow.

5 friends stopped by to chat:

Jeanna said...

Lovely quilts Sinta, as usual. I really like the fabrics you chose for Anchors Aweigh.

Have fun a class tonight...may all of your students get an A+

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Sinta - you're always stitching up so many pretty things - drool! Love your anchors away, and your cousins quilt - and the lovely Christmas one, too! Wish I could come to your class :0)!!

Carrie P. said...

WOW! your anchor quilt is so awesome! Love your cousin's quilt too.

Nanette Merrill said...

I adore that anchor. I love squares, you can do so much with them and triangles together.

loulee said...

Beautiful quilt tops as always.
Love the Anchor. Did you use the fabric suggested in the pattern? I plan to go with a scrappier version.