GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, January 10, 2014

Wild Life and More

A friend of mine took these gorgeous photos...
I had to share the "wildlife" with you!

Fence hopper!

Hummer!

Family photo!
New parents... taken at Morro Bay.

I won't be seeing much of the great outdoors this weekend.
It actually might be a good weekend to stay inside!
How is the weather where you are?


Somehow, every project I am working on seems to have
an endless amount of HST trimming that needs to be done!

I wish I had someone to hand off some of the "grunt work" to.

Here is a very fun quilt that I am working on with my sewing bee group!

I actually haven't done any work on it yet... but the blocks are
coming back to me know, so I am getting ready to start working 
on the alternate block.
I love seeing it all come together! It's like Christmas when I get these
blocks in the mail!

Now, just for the fun of it I thought I would share 



a photo I took while I was cleaning my room!
It is an awful task... and I seem to get diverted...
so when I saw some of these items sitting near each
other amongst the mess... I thought I would 
place them on some background fabric and
snap a pic.
Trying to make some order in the 
kayos. 
I am afraid that there is still more to do in there too!


11 friends stopped by to chat:

Dee said...

Your bee blocks look like they're shaping up to be a Starry Eyed quilt. I have that on my to-do list. Are some of the HSTs for Jersey Girl? I'm getting ready to start on mine. I love the nature pictures, especially the squirrel!

Lesley said...

Love those bee blocks. What a great quilt you will have. You found some great treasures while tidying!

Auntie Pami said...

My mannequin needs new clothes. Hst day tomorrow.

Margaret said...

Yes, but a great sense of accomplishment (or is that relief?), when it's finally done!

gailss said...

Pretty bee blocks and love your little pic of things put together...really cute. Think everyone is feeling a bit over whelmed this time of year.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Cute little collection of pretties from your sewing room. I love the hummer photo - thanks for sharing.

Needled Mom said...

I really need to get in and do some of that cleaning too. Sigh.

Love the nature shots and those HSTs will be worth all of the effort.

Jeanna said...

Cute pics of wildlife...isn't it amazing?

I love the quilt blocks...the stars are perfect and I really like the fabric choices.

We had horrible rain a couple of days ago...it was sunny and 84 degrees here today.

annieB said...

It was 44 degrees here yesterday, 30 at midnight and up again to 39 today. Poor air con is struggling.

Sherry said...

I love the bee blocks! I did a little sewing at a sit and sew on Friday. Very rainy and windy here, I am working on a little cleaning too, I haven't made much progress.

Thimbleanna said...

Your bee blocks are so pretty -- I can't wait to see them set with the alternate blocks!