GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Deja Vu

Here we are again with Monday's post but this time with the photos. Fingers crossed!

We had a good weekend... it all ends to soon though! I was able to lock myself up in my sewing room on Sunday and get some things done or at least put a dent in my special assignment! Since I can't show you that... I thought I would show you this! This is what I need to get finished.

Just the quilting left to do, and binding. I am so intimidated by doing the actual quilting though... I get anxiety from it. Anyway, this is going to be a shop sample, very soon, fingers crossed! The fabrics are from the Wonderland group and the pattern (which uses the same fabrics) is from Abbey Lane Quilts. I recently stubled upon their patterns. They are really simple and cute!






I cut this pattern out and need to get it made up. You know I need another little purse, right?

Amy Butler has a zillion purse patterns; and I would like to make every one of them... okay maybe just a dozen of them:)



I thought I would snap a quick photo of my apron "de jur". Sorry, the spelling might be off on that:) Anyway, I think it is a sweet little daisy apron from my collection. Sally, the wire form, is also wearing my mother's faux pearls! I want to start showing some of the aprons from my collection, but I am not sure how I want to slip them in. Any ideas?




Okay, and before I forget to mention it(especially to Sharon) , it is Loser Monday and I am down 2 1/2#'s. Little by little, inch by inch! I have no hopes of having a waist like Sally's but maybe by the end of summer I will be able to wear a bathing suit? At least swimwear would be on sale then!

Posted by Picasa

7 friends stopped by to chat:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You go girl! 2.5 lbs down. I wish I was going in that direction. Keep it up! The apron is very cute too. I like how you've displayed it for us to see.

Sherri said...

Definitely worth the wait to see the pictures! I LOVE the first quilt...I think I might have to make that...with the same fabrics! What is the name of the pattern? Oh and the Amy purse will be great...I love all her patterns as well, and I understand a CD will be coming out with many of them soon!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahh..lovely photos..and the quilt..gorgeous!! :o) And purses... good luck on them.. think Im allergic to bags and purses...cant make them..lol...
Love the apron and the wire doll..wow ..I love it...:o)
And congratulations on the losing part!!!

Jennifer said...

I am drooling over all three pics! Love the Wonderland quilt, love the Sweet fabrics, and love that mannequin with the apron!

Jilly's Space said...

ohhh...I love the quilt you posted!! I am going to have to look into that pattern.
Congrats on losing..I have gained over the winter and hope to be heading on the downside soon.
Thanks for stopping by my blog..I am so glad you did, I am off to check out more of yours.
Have a great day :o)

Patina said...

Wow, you did a wonderful job on your quilt. I enjoy putting quilts together, it's like painting a picture. But, I do not like binding the quilt or the quilting. It's nice to pay a little extra and have a quilting machine quilt it.
Hope you have a great day!

Debbie said...

Your quilt is darling! I really love the dress form!