GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dresden Crazy

I am only an hour or so away from starting my holiday weekend. My plan is to do a whole lot of nothing with the exception of chilling out, eating, visiting, playing games (which include board games, dominoes and/or lawn golf) and of course sewing.


See how close I am getting to the finish on these Dresden blocks? I think I decided to make the centers in red. I was thinking of putting on the large aqua ric rac in place binding though...

so don't let me forget!

I have a feeling that I am going to go a little Dresden crazy... no little scraps are going to be safe!



I wanted to mention my blog of the week for this week.

It's called Tongue In Cheek. This isn't a quilting blog but more of a storybook. The writer, Corey, is a wonderful photographer and writes the most beautiful stories. She lives in California now but is originally from France. The stories that she writes are about when she lived in France.

She has an amazing way of transporting you. If you do get a chance to read a little of her blog, let me know what you think!
***edit 7/5 I had that backwards... she was from California and now lives in the South of France.


I hope you all have a happy and safe Independence Holiday!

12 friends stopped by to chat:

Chookyblue...... said...

your dresdan plates look great........

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i like it!!! i've been thinking of making one!

Sherri said...

I love the Dresdens...makes me want to get mine out and work on them! And I visited the blog...the pictures of Paris are stunning...a great blog...I can see why you recommended it! Have a great 4th!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your Dresdens. There fun once you get started. I see you cant stop.

Vickie E said...

Those are cool..love the colors..you always have inspiring quilts..Happy 4th!

Sally said...

Lovely blocks, went to the site of the week and the photos are amazing

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

How pretty!

kana said...

Hi Sinta,

Looks like you are putting your scraps to good use and staying busy as well! I believe blogging and you get along quite well. Hope you are having a great summer!

Stina Blomgren said...

Your Dresdens are beautiful... have the ruler now..so no excuse for not testing them!!! Good luck..and have a wonderful holiday!! :o)

quiltmom anna said...

Sinta,
I am a huge fan of Corey at Tongue in Cheek- She is a fabulous writer and takes beautiful photos to go with the writing.

Your dresden plates are fabulous- I have never made a quilt with the pattern but it was the first pillow block that I ever made. I made it along time ago before the time of rotary cutters . I used a cardboard template and was shown what to do by a good friend whose grandmother taught her.
Have a great time playing dominoes- I haven't played for awhile- a friend who has since returned to the States, (we miss her and her great sense of humour) taught us to play - she had learned to play from some old aunties- we were a breeze to beat after learning how to play from her aunties.
Have a wonderful long weekend- Happy quilting,
Regards,
Anna

ranette said...

Wonderful dresdans...I might be catching the dresdan fever!

I thought Corey lived in France now and is from California...

Jean said...

Your Dresdens look wonderful! So, up to date... so many that I've seen are soo outdated... don't get me wrong I enjoy the "retro" fabric's... but I guess it's cause they seem to have a well.... umph.. to them that is well received! Does that make any sense at all?
Have a great day!