See what we got accomplished in just one hour. Yes, it's a start of the next Dresden. I'm going on the wild side here with the fabrics. Actually they were strips from a class that I had taken through my guild. I had talked Jill into taking the class with me... that was back when she was on a summer break from college. I had cut these strips for her to use and a whole other set of strips out of 1800's fabrics for me. It was a tumble block class... and you can guess why these are still just strips! I'm just not going to do it. I think they are beautiful but nope- no way.
Now that I have discovered Dresden's my mind keeps going to all the possibilities for those blocks. The best thing is that they are a great way to use up scraps and they can be "sized" to fit! So I decided to do 7 " blades. The strips had been cut from fat quarters so I could get 3 per strip. Of course I have 32 other projects going on right now but what's one more!
P.S. Mayme Charlotte was my grandmother's name.