GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, August 17, 2009

Meet the Group! and News to Share

Before I talk about my weekend I just had to share with you Todd and Jill's "save the date" postcards. I just love it. There are actually 3 photos... different poses. I will share the other ones during the week. The gears are starting to turn... the pre-wedding planning is starting to take shape! (they took the photo at Jill's grandmother's ranch, so 50's ish)*
We had such a great weekend. Friday evening at the lake was very enjoyable with an extra added bonus of fireworks over the lake after the music finished. I wish you all could have been there... it was so fun! Lots of Oooh's and Awe's.
Saturday morning we headed down to have breakfast with my dad and his wife and my half brothers and these two little cutie pies...
This is Taylor and she's 3. This is actually the first time I have gotten to see her! And in the picture below is her brother Austin who is 5. I just fell in love with the two of them. I had actually never gotten to meet Taylor before.
She was born right around the time the hubs got so sick.
Poor Austin was just getting over a cold and cough but he held up pretty well. Austin is a bit Autistic but is going to a special school that seems to help him a lot.
I'm going to be making a couple of kid size quilts in the near future I see. I think I will add my photo on the label... no, not to scare the little darlings but so they know who gave it to them and maybe they will connect... that I am Auntie Crafty. (The name my brothers gave me).
Now you know when a little kid says that what it sounds like... uh hu... so we'll see how that goes.
The following photos are from Sunday when my quilter friends and I got together at Rhonda's house to celebrate "summer birthdays". We had the pincushion exchange... I just love mine<3!>


Now, I have some really fun and important news to share with you! I am just busting at the seams to tell you... but, I can't tell you today! I know that is mean but you will want to find out and if I can post about it tomorrow I will! I can only give you a hint...
it is just as fun and special as the news that Sherri at A Quilting Life has to share with you!

7 friends stopped by to chat:

Sherri said...

What a great weekend...and what a terrific "save the date" postcard!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a tease! I want to hear the news! Sounds like a great get together.

PamKittyMorning said...

Well I can hardly wait till you reveal your exciting news!

chatterboxblondie said...

Love the postcard! She is a girl after your own heart. That is so wonderful. Fun pictures of everyone. Sure did enjoy the afternoon. Looking forward to hearing about your exciting news. Talk to you soon.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

The friend gathering and pincushions looks like it was full of love and fun. What a tease you are - can hardly wait to see what it is. Cute postcard! Happy times and so worth celebrating!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahh... glad you had a wonderful time with your friends...:o) And share..share...news now!!! Even if I have some kind of clue... :o)

Vivian Helena said...

Hi Sinta, Peggy C. just told me yesterday regarding your darling blog. I have started blogging also, but struggling a bit with the technology and all that I want to do. In time it will go smoother. Love reading what you are up to. The YoYo's miss you!. hugs, vivian