GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A La De Da Kind of Day

I was wondering why my mind has been wandering today.

It seems to be a La De Da kind of day... Wednesday.
This little building is a "stones throw" away from my office.
I think it's so cute.

I just put the binding on this Merry Go Round quilt, so this can go into the stack that will be used at the wedding next month. I have another one out of American Jane fabrics (Triple Crown)
that is ready to be quilted next.

I have been blog surfing... which explains my mind wondering...
and doing a little preview shopping... trying to see what is going to be coming available!
It's my Market sneak preview!LOL
Kind of pitiful, I know...
but have you seen these Holiday Fabrics from Quilt Soup?


Yesterday, over at Kim's Quilting Adventures, she was discussing how our fabric taste and styles change over the years. I have to say that I have evolved into a new style... I started out with batiks, then to shabby chic and here I am
really drawn to these fun light & bright fabrics that are kind of a retro I guess.
Then you see a pattern designer...
and you think you know her style,  then she comes out with a line of fabric...



I would have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to see what her first line of fabrics looked like!
I would have bet money that Carrie  (yes that's right, Carrie) was going to come out with a fabric group... but if I would have bet on what it looked like...
 I would have lost all my money on that one!


(photo "borrowed" from Simplify)
And here is another one that has a fabric group coming out, Bliss, that I can't wait to get my hands on! Sherri has just been taunting us with sneak peaks of the "stunt" projects she has been working on with this!

But better yet... Camille has a book about to be launched also! How cool is that?
You know it's going to be  one that you are going to have to have...
this goes on my wish list! How long until my birthday??? Hmmm, there's got to be
something coming up that would make this a perfect gift for me. LOL


These little spools are just to darn cute! They are going on the list too!

But what I really need now is help!
The cake I made Sunday, practicing for the wedding, was a disaster.
(It was the hubs b-day along with Mother's Day this year)
The frosting was soup-like. 
I obviously didn't just have a problem but I had several problems.
 Ok, yes, I confess that I didn't have unsalted butter, and that my measurements were kind of off since the recipe was in ounces and I was converting to cups.
Oh, and maybe the eggs weren't quite at room temperature... I yieyie! What was I thinking? 
The good news it that there is still time to get it right!
Thanks to Laurie Simpson for recommending this book...
seems that there is a wedding in her household coming up!
Next weekend... I will try again, stay tuned.

11 friends stopped by to chat:

Sherri said...

Wow...Carrie has a fabric line...sooo happy for her...is it Moda...how did you ever find that?!

Miriam said...

Those French General trims look very tempting!

Good luck with the next cake. That book looks great!!

Jonathan said...

I love love love your quilt! I'm making a very similar one with A breath of avignon for Julie's hexagon quilt along☺
And I can't wait for Bliss and now to see Carrie's fabric line, I love her patterns!
Good luck with the cake!

Kim said...

That Quilt Soup Christmas fabric? Yep, it should arrive here tomorrow, I suspect. I had notification from the FQ Shop earlier in the week that it was in, so I whipped out my credit card faster than Wyatt Earp could whip out his gun! Funny that you should show that fabric photo and then mention my post about fabric choices, huh?! LOL!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Bliss! I'm patiently waiting for that one. Reserving funds on my credit card for it. LOL. I'm sorry about the cake but at least it was a practice one! Do you have a kitchen scale that you can use for correct measuring with the ounces? That is helpful.

Nanette Merrill said...

I want everything here. The quilt, the french general trim but especially that fabric!

sunny said...

I will NOT rush out and buy all that beautiful yummy tempting fabric. I will not.....

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

All that wonderful news about new fabric lines Sinta! I want it all!
Best of luck with the next practice cake! I'm sure it will work out.

Barb said...

What a great blog ~ I, too, love seeing what is "coming out" and always look forward to getting my hands on it. So fun to see what the designers create with their own stuff as well as what the general public do with it.

Linda said...

I love your quilt! I notice that my tastes have changed very much over the years as well. All the fabrics and trimms are just what I like too! I am new to blogging and I very much enjoyed reading yours! Thanks for the inspiration!

Thelma said...

Wow, thanks for doing some shopping for me, you saved me some time, but I'm going to be out some money! I love the looks of Carrie's first family of fabrics!

You seem to be pretty relaxed about the cake, pretty is nice, but I don't care what it looks like if it doesn't taste great. I wish I lived close to you, I would happily volunteer for the job of cake taster!! Good Luck, practice makes perfect!