GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, May 14, 2010

Rose Colored Glasses & A Little Time

Sunglasses are in my future...

Tomorrow is another Bridal Shower for Jillian. The theme is tropical... for their honeymoon.
We are all suppose to bring sunglasses that we have decorated so that they can be auctioned off.
The money goes towards the honeymoon fund.
I was thinking pretty elaborate thoughts when faced with this challenge, but after being further informed...
it looks like I can just get by with sunglasses and a Lei that I can attach to the arms so that the glasses can hang down when you aren't wearing them. I am relieved to know that they don't have to be REALLY decorated... because who would want to bid for them?
I am new to these events... so I will let you know how it goes!

I know that this just looks like a pile of netting... but soon it will be transformed into a beautiful veil.
(I could be wearing those "rose-colored" sunglasses right now)LOL
I hope to finish it up so that the bride to be can take it home with her. I just need to gather it up, put it on a comb and add 50 little hand sewn pearls... no problem... ?
 
Guess what pattern I got my hot little hands on? I had emailed Kay and she graciously let me purchase a copy as soon as it came in from the printer... you will be able to see them in her booth at Market.
The one on the right will replace idea #1 on the left.
Fabrics? Soon to be determined.
I do know that it will be something green. Then I will need a little shrug... and a cute little pair of gloves.
This will not be attempted this weekend!
This is pinned and waiting for some attention.
We'll see what 48 hours can bring!
Have a great weekend!

Posted by Picasa

15 friends stopped by to chat:

Needled Mom said...

Wow!!!! You have been busy. I can't wait to see those sunglasses. What a terrific idea!

Have fun.

Unknown said...

That quilt is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fab idea!! Will look forward to seeing them.

Sherri said...

Wow...you have a busy weekend planned! Enjoy the bridal shower!

Kookaburra said...

The quilt is stunning! What is the pattern? Or is it one you made up?
Have fun with all the events coming up. Karen.

Anonymous said...

The sunglasses are a great idea, the veil will be beautiful I'm sure, and the quilt is lovely, and the dresses are very pretty.
Wendy

Thelma said...

I hope you had a fun and productive weekend, I can hardly wait to see the fabric you pick for your dress!!

Kim Brackett said...

Lots of fun stuff! I adore the quilt. It's beautiful.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I'm loving your new dress idea. Can't wait to see it. Hope the shower was a success. We want to hear all about it!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

How fun! Can't wait to hear how it went with the sunglasses! You do veils and clothes, too?? Impressive! I LOVE that quilt top - what pattern is it? It's so darn cute!!!

Polly said...

I really love the design of that awesome quilt! WOW!! I just posted my May Schnibble quilt! http://auntpollysporch.blogspot.com/2010/05/schnibble-schnibble-bodibble.html thanks! Polly

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love that quilt!!! Cute dress pattern also.

Julie said...

I'm so behind on my blogging again! That is going to be one fun shower!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I'm just a little behind in my visits :-) I love your quilt top!! And your dress is going to be gorgeous! Happy stitchin'!

prashant said...

That quilt is gorgeous!!!
Adsense Alternative