GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Saturday, May 1, 2010

Schnibbles May Day Parade

I have been delaying this morning because Sherri has been out of town and won't be able to post her part of the A Year of Schnibbles Parade until later today.

I can't believe that it's A Year of Schnibbles Parade Day already!
I don't feel like I have gotten much done at all this month...
but by the looks of it, we still have lots of Schnibbles to share in our little parade!
I have to confess that my date last weekend with my new book:
Schnibbles Times Two
was a fun time! I will be spending a lot of time with this book in the future!
Here is my project that I made from the book, it's called McGuffy.
Since I had a chance to make a "large" Schnibbles... I took the opportunity!
And if you are wondering what the Schnibbles project for May is...

it will be a "SCHNIBBLES FREE CHOICE".
 That's right. You can use one of your Schnibbles patterns from your stash. Or you can make a Schnibbles from the new book or you can make the larger version from the book... it's up to you!
I am pretty excited to see what everyone comes up with!
And it could be an opportunity to make your Schnibbles and enter it into one of the contests going on near you! For more information about the contest, please go to Carrie's blog LaVie En Rosie and read about it. Then contact one of the participating Quilt Shops in your area!!!
Another separate contest right now is from Fat Quarter Shop. Go see what they are doing to celebrate Carrie's new book!
Our first quilt is from...

An Encourager! She made this fun Tagalaong... she calls it Cotton Candy! I am loving' it.



This one is from Andee, A Modern Diary, I love how the red boldly accents those fun blocks!
This one is from our wonderful Bea, using her hand dyed fabrics. I like the accent touch in the outer border.

Here is a bold statement by Cindy of Hyacinth Designs. Great contrast in colors & the border fabric is just perfect with it!

This Tagalong is by Marilyn at D is for Dovey. I always love quilts done with the soft palate range.
 
Karen made her Schnibbles Tagalong from another 3 Sisters group of fabrics! She has been making all of her Schnibbles strictly from 3 Sisters groups! How fun is that! I wish I would have thought of it!

We have a lot of creative minds this month with these Schnibbles!
This one above is from Kim of Kim's Big Quilt Adventures.
It looks great with the alternate blocks in background fabrics. That's a good way to make it bigger too!
Tagalong, and all quilted too! This is one by Heather from Quilt or Stitch.
This one just looks cozy!
Our next Schnibbles Tagalong is by Angela from the blog Country Scrap Quilts.
She had this one done in a heartbeat, I swear!


And here is my favorite guy with his favorite new Schnibble, Tagalong, by Carol L
from Carol's Craft Creations. Boy I can really see the other patterns in this quilt stand out! Very fun!


This one is from Carol at Brown Quilts. I think this fabric group is so fun! It is so pretty!!!


and this little Tagalong is from Darlene at Quilting Daze blog. We are loving our 3 Sisters fabrics!
Do you think Darlene and Carol worked on theirs together???
Great minds...!


Here is Cara's sweet little 30's print Tagalong! Go check out her blog you guys... Cara Quilts, she has a wonderful surprise... if you didn't already know...
she was featured on Moda Bake Shop!
Her project is really fun and cute ta' boot!

Here is a patriotic Tagalong from Judi from the blog Smokey from the Netherlands.
It almost looks like it could be a ship flag, doesn't it?




!

Here is Edith's version of Tagalong in blues and browns. That makes a great combo.
Edith's blog is Red Door Quilting.




This happy little Tagalong here, getting in just under the wire  is from Pam W.

The last but not least entry is...
Tagalong by Gran! aka Knot-y Embroidery Lady!
Beautiful! And so is the quilting... done by Mary at Quilt Hollow!


That's my part of the May Day Parade!
Don't forget to hop right on over to see the rest of the parade at Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life!

24 friends stopped by to chat:

gale said...

Those are all gorgeous!! I just got the book yesterday and can't wait to try something in it. I don't think I have a local shop but I'm a beginner so I wouldn't even attempt to enter anything in a contest right now. But I love to look at the ones everyone else has made!

Darlene said...

Wahoo - the Tagalong Parade is fabulous. They are all beautiful.

I'm super excited about the May Schnibble - it's going to be so much fun to see what every one does.

You guys ROCK!!! Thank you!

Carol said...

The Parade is exceptionally wonderful this time...WOW! I'm thrilled with the May Schnibble...it's going to be so fun to see what everyone does. Thank you both so much!

Domovnitsa said...

Thank you for this parade! This is great! I am glad to see others work. And sew their work in solitude. I will show my works then, when they are ready :o)

Needled Mom said...

What fun, but I didn't want the parade to stop. May will be really fun to see what everyone creates.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! You guys rock doing this every month. But now I have to make a decision lol.

Cyndi said...

That was quite a parade! Every one of those was beautiful. I have a question, and it's probably going to sound silly, but....what is a "Schnibble"? Since I'm not a quilter, I have no idea. But it's a fun word!!! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to see all the variations of the Schnibbles parade! Enjoyed!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great parade! I guess I sent mine in too early?

Love the idea for May since I just got my book! :-))

Thanks for the show!

Polly said...

I don't know why I always miss this somehow. My Tagalong is posted here- http://auntpollysporch.blogspot.com/2010/04/tagalong-done.html
It was finished on time! Thanks! Polly :-)

Béa said...

Wonderful parade as always. Love the free choice idea for this month !

Days and colors said...

They are all beautiful! I love to see the variations, every quilter puts a little bit of her own ideas and that is great!

an encourager said...

It amazes me that a pattern plus a creative mind equals such a wide variety of different looks! Wonderful parade! Thanks!

Carol said...

I love the quilt parades. May will be so fun to see what Schnibbles everyone chooses. I hope my Schnibbles Times Two book comes in the mail soon.

Angela said...

It is so amazing to see how the same quilt can look so different with different fabrics! Everyone's Schnibble is beautiful! Great job!

Thelma said...

Another great Parade. Thanks Sinta for taking the time and effort to organize this challenge, it's my favorite one, I look forward to it the first of every month.

I can hardly wait to see the entries for June, what an assortment of lovelies there should be.

Heather said...

I like being able to pick one out of our stash, I have several to make LOL! There is one already kitted up ready to go, I am excited to start it. I haven’t bought Carrie’s new book yet, but I plan on it. Thanks for having this, it’s been great so far.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

They are all beautiful!

Heather said...

I finished the May Schnibbles, I used the pattern Nash. Thanks for doing the quilt along, I've really enjoyed it :)

http://quiltorstitch.blogspot.com/2010/05/nash-schnibbles-quilt.html

Megan said...

My May Schnibbles top is finished, with days to spare! I used Cotton Blossoms to make the x-rated pattern. Thanks for keeping track of all this!
http://crookedseams.blogspot.com/2010/05/quilters-choice-for-may-schnibbles.html

Cindy said...

My May Schnibbles is done! I chose "Dulcinea" using the Botany line.
http://hyacinthquiltdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-schnibbles.html

Thelma said...

My May Schnibbles is done and I blogged about it today. Thanks!

Marianne said...

Hi! Got my Schnibbles done:

http://disfordovey.blogspot.com/2010/05/where-was-i.html

Sasha said...

Done! Just in the nic of time!!!
http://sashahutton.blogspot.com/2010/06/may-schnibble.html