GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, June 18, 2010

I Heart Hexagons

Before the weekend starts I thought I would share these photos with you, although they aren't the best shots... sorry about that!
I had a few photos of a class I had taught on a Hexagon pattern.
I don't have my sample for the class unfortunately but I thought I would share these since a lot of people are participating in Julie aka Jaybird Quilts, Hexagon Quilt-A-long.
I love these and was really surprised by the batik one with the dark background.
Here is one in progress...
And here is another one with the rows sewn together.
I made mine out of Fig Tree fabrics... and I love it!
Note to self: ask son #1 to bring that one back!
Anyway, it pretty much looks like this one:
This is the pattern cover from Laundry Basket Quilts. The designer is Edyta Star... love her patterns!
This one is called Twist and Turn. I really love the border on this one too!


Here is one I did from an American Jane pattern... and this one just calls for a jelly roll.
I have sewn all of these guys together now... for the Hexagon A-long... but they seem to have taken
 a back seat for now to other things.

Can you believe that it's Father's Day weekend and Summer Solstice is on Monday?
I'm thinking there is going to be a BBQ going on... a sure sign of Summer!

One of the other things I plan on doing this weekend
is practicing walking in these:


Wish me luck!

11 friends stopped by to chat:

Kim Brackett said...

The hexagon quilts are beautiful. I really like the batik one. It looks so different.

Good luck with the shoe thing. They're really cute.

Jocelyn said...

You are going to do fine. I hope the wedding will be a very memorable one for your family.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

I loved looking at the quilts - and your shoes! Wishing you all the twinkle toes magic to waltz through the wedding with not so much as a stubbed toe or twisted ankle. I am sure you will be walking on cloud 9 and will it will be one of the happiest days of your life.

Vickie E said...

the hex quilts are very cool...so many are making these after Heather Mulder Peterson (Anka's Treasures) did her 60 degree books. totally cool

Carol said...

The hexagon quilts are wonderful...thank you for sharing them. Those shoes are sooooooooo cute! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

So fun to be getting girl in the family...right down to the shoes you shall wear! Those are so sweet...I agree..break those pups in some. :-)

Sharon said...

Those shoes are to die for! Love them! Oh, and great quilts, too!

an encourager said...

Cute, cute, cute! All of it! I'm in love with those pink-bowed shoes. Have fun in them! :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Those are some snappy shoes! Love them!! The quilts too.

Nanette Merrill said...

The hexagons are lovely. But those shoes!!! They will be the hit of the event. I love them. Perfect. No blisters though, you are right to break them in.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

great hex quilts!! your students sure were lucky to have you as a teacher!