GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Seems Like Something Is Missing...

I am officially in the wedding countdown mode. 9 days to go!
Yesterday it dawned on me that I was forgetting something....
you have seen these quilts before....


and this one too....

but did you know that these were suppose to be quilted and bound so that they could be used at the wedding? In all my cleaning and such these quilts got folded (as is) and put in the closet! I forgot all about getting them quilted to go along with the other ones that will be used as backdrops. So, last night I went home and did a quick quilting job on the one just above because it was already all pinned and ready to go. I made the binding this morning... so that will be ready to go tonight. I'm kind of sad about the simple, in the ditch, quilting. I think it would have been so nice to do something a little more with this quilt. The other two are small projects... I plan on pinning them this afternoon during my lunch hour.

I just had been thinking of how my various check lists have been coming along.
The book above has been my Bible. It has a list of what to do the month before, 2 weeks before and days before the wedding.  I have the cake layers all baked and in the freezer. I have gathered what I need for the rehearsal  picnic luncheon and just need to make the labels for the boxes now. My dress, after going to Plan B and then back to Plan A, just needs a zipper now! (Thanks to my friend Patty, who keeps me on track and keeps me believing that this will get done).
My good friend Rhonda has set up a pedicure for us during our lunch hour on Friday! And my friend Kathy dropped off a gift certificate for me, for a facial, to be used either prior to the wedding or after, depending on my melt-down factor!
Quilting, which we all know is really good therapy-  is on the back burner for now... but I have plans!

Kelly, at Charming Chatter, is having a Between Charming Friends Quilt Along!
I have my little, not so neatly stacked, strips cut and ready to go along with the background fabric and border strip fabric picked out here!


Here is my mini BOM from Temecula Quilt Co.
I will just be looking at this for a while.

And although I am super excited about the FQS Designer Mystery BOM that came in the mail this week...
I think it will have to stay on the back burner also for the time being! But aren't those Kate Spain fabrics so cute? I'm telling you, this is going to be a fun one!


Don't ask me know my Hexagon A-long is doing right now! I do have some pictures from a hexagon class I gave though... I'll show you those next time!

15 friends stopped by to chat:

Gale, Ky quilter said...

These are beautiful! So colorful and fresh! Can't wait to see the finished quilts!

Anonymous said...

I think we only do what we can and especially this late in the game of wedding planning. :0) Don't kill yourself trying to do too much...take time out and enjoy!!

Cindy said...

Don't forget to breate. LOL

Strlady said...

OMG! I would have freaked out if I found three quilts needing quilting 9 days away from teh wedding but of course I'm a terrible quilter and need at least 3 days to quilt a Schnibble! Bless you! Hope the wedding is a complete success and as Cindy said, Breathe!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You have a lot going on! Take care of yourself too!

Julie said...

The quilts are beautiful I hope you are able to get everything done in time!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Friday sounds like a perfect day after all you've been doing! Love the quilt tops and I know they are going to be gorgeous quilts! ;-) Happy stitchin'!

Jocelyn said...

Wow girl, the next 9 days are going to be Biizzzyyy!!! Don't overload. You do want to enjoy the wedding :-)

Sherri said...

9 days! I think I'm in denial...you have some great ideas for relaxing...think a pedicure might be just the thing I need next week!

Cindy said...

You really do sound pretty calm, considering. Why - you even made time to blog! You're quilts are gorgeous. I'd love to know the pattern source for the third one - sometime when you get a chance.

Cyndi said...

Those three quilts are so pretty, Sinta. I'm sure you will "get 'er done" with time to spare. You seem to be pretty organized and calm. I, on the other hand, would be a complete mess!

I can't wait to see pics from the wedding!

XOXO,

Cyndi

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You DO have a lot going on! Don't forget that you need to enjoy some of the wedding too!! Can't wait to see pictures, the cake and your dress!

Thelma said...

Sinta, good luck with the final Wedding To Do's. Sounds like you're on top of all the details. I hope it's a lovely day for all.

I'm eager to see dress and cake pictures!

Dandelion Quilts said...

You've been busy. They are lovely. Good luck.

Ginger Patches said...

Wow! You are one busy girl right now...I need to go rest after reading all you're doing!! I love that quilt that you just quilted, they are all cute but that one is my favorite! You could always go back and add more quilting after the wedding...my quilter quilts all of her custom quilts in the ditch before she does the custom work. Good luck with the wedding plans, I can't wait to see pictures of the big day!!!!