GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Could It Be The Last Parade of Schnibbles???

Now could we really do that to you?
No... I don't think so.
Sherri at A Quilting Life and I have put our little heads together and decided to
try our little adventure, with you, once again...
but this time with a little twist.
Of course we love our Carrie, so the plan includes her too! I guess we could call this Plan D...
but what we are going to call it is:
Le Petite Projects!

and the first project will be Paganini by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.
but we will have other designer's projects too! One's that you will love of course!
You can start now, but while we are getting this new year underway
 we won't have our first parade of quilts until November 1st.
(border will be finished before that date)
But wait that's not all!
We are first going to have a challenge. Starting today.
We are calling it the
The Great Cover Up!
We thought we would have a 6 week challenge to cover your ironing boards.
October 15th will be the deadline. We will show before and after pictures.
We know what you're hiding! Sherri and I admit that our ironing boards are overworked and much neglected. How about yours? Are you game?
I will have a tutorial up at the end of the week for you but there are also other tutorials out there and also there is an awesome pattern: Patchwork Ironing Board Cover by Cotton Way.

One more thing before the parade begins. Sherri and I would like to have one more grand finale' parade on October 1st.  Some of you Schnibblers have already posted all 12 of your finishes. We would love to have one more parade for all of you who have done all 12. You put them on your blog and give us the link and on October 1st (which happens to be the birthday of Carrie and  me) we will post all the links and for those who don't have a blog, we will show your finished dozen on our blogs. How does that sound?
Okay that is it for the news flashes...
let's start the parade of Schibbles for one last time (this year-ish)
The choice was Plan C or Short Story in either small or large versions...
so here we go...

Here is Short Story made by Andee for Modern Diary blog. Great contrast going on here. Your eyes really move around on the quilt!


Here is a soft and precious Plan C Schnibble created by Carol at Carol's Craft Blog.. .
with a special guest star Buster!

Simple and Sweet. I love the simplicity of Cindy's Plan C. The small bold inner border really sets it off! Cindy at Sew Cindy blog.


Cynthia at Hyacinth Quilt Designs blog.

Cynthia at Hyacinth Quilt Designs blog... no not a mistake. Cynthia did both quilts.
An overachiever or maybe she couldn't make up her mind on which one to chose... both turned out beautiful!


This Short Story is from Di at Quilting is Blissful. A perfect little quilt, a perfect little venue!


Here is a stunning Plan C done by Heather at Quilt or Stitch blog.
This is a great fabric combination. The stars really pop out so dramatically.


I love this small Plan C made by Jo at Jo's Country Junction!
It's as sweet as can be!

Here is a dramatic Short Story made by Judith R. at Smokey from the Netherlands blog.
Here is a wow factor quilt with the black background just making those blocks pop!



This Plan C is made by Karen K. I love the softness of this quilt. Karen has once again used 3 Sisters fabric collection, Luna Nolte. That chair looks so inviting!


Here we have a large version of Plan C by Kim at Kim's Big Quilting Adventures blog.
I love the fabrics and the stripes!

Here is a beautiful Plan C made by Bea from France.
Looks like a perfect fit!


This one was made by Dona at Stitch by Stitch. Dona has been MIA for a while...
but go look at her blog. She has all of the Schnibbles done!  



Here is a sneaky peak at Julia's Short Story made from Bliss!
Julia is from Little Girl Quilt's blog.

Here is Carol's Short Story out of my new favorite fabric group!
Carol's blog is Brown Quilts.


Here is Plan C by Darlene at Quilting Daze...
and here...
(it looks like we have another over achiever)
Is Darlene's Short Story! I'm telling you- Bliss is one hot fabric!

And this Schnibble is Plan C by Edith at Red Door Quilting...
with a beautiful Autumn feel to it!


Mmmm. Love those colors! This one is from Cara at Cara Quilts blog!



Here is Plan C, the small version made by Sandy at Sandy's Show and Tell blog. I heart this fabric!



 
So here is my recap-
A Dozen Schnibbles: 10/1
The Great Cover Up: 9/1- 10/15
Le Petite Projects: 11/1

Thank you all for a fantastic year of  " A Year of Schnibbles". We have had so much fun doing it with you.
Sherri and I do our share of scrambling right before the first of each month but our parades have been amazing! And that is what it's all about! A special thanks goes out to our Featured Quilt Shops!
It would really be nice if everyone sent a thank you email to them for all of their support and prizes they have donated during this past year.  
I can't wait  to start on Le Petite Projects... I hope to see you there.

22 friends stopped by to chat:

Stina Blomgren said...

They are alll so wonderful.. and one wish to have thought of that fabric... or those colours.. And I have had so much fun that all the news you are telling me sounds just SUPER FUN!!!! :O) I will definitely join in ... and give it a go.. even if I know it will be hard to accomplish this year... but I wiull try..:o)

Darlene said...

Fabulous parade of beautiful Schnibbles. I love all your news and look forward to playing along again. :-)

Kim D. said...

Love all the quilts on parade!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love my ironing board now that I've covered it and made it fancy! It's fun to press my fabrics. :)

Sherri said...

Love your Meadowsweet Paganini!

Cindy said...

First of all, thank you Sinta, Sherri and Carrie for a spectacular year of Schnibbling. I have truly enjoyed it.

As I commented on Sherri's blog - the Ironing Board Cover Up could not have come at a better time. I make DDs, DILs and my ironing board covers and MINE is next in line. I was REALLY going to do one as my next project.

And, now, there is added incentive.

I look forward to a new year with you and Sherri.

Thank you for the effort and the time you put into an event that so many enjoy.

Blessings.

julia said...

Hi Sinta!
First let me thank you "personally" for all the effort you invested together with Sherri to this fun challenge. I've a post scheduled for tomorrow with my Schnibbles recap - although I failed doing all 12 quilts...
There are so many great PlanC and ShortStory Schnibbles. I love them all!!!
I've managed to finish my quilt this morning (it was still night in your neck of the woods...so perhaps I can pretend I finished it in time ;o) ).
What a FABULOUS new challenge! I've recently thought about outing myself having a "grimy" ironing board but chickened out because normally we all "pimp" our pictures to perfection ;o).
As the new Schnibbles isn't due before November I'm quite sure that I can tackle this, too!
Hugs, Julia

Loves to Quilt said...

Hi Sinta, I am in for the next year plus the ironing board cover. BUT, you left my Plan C out of the parade.

Unknown said...

Mine's up on my blog!

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

I wanted to let you know my last schnibble is up and posted thanks
Regena

Anonymous said...

They are all absolutely beautiful! The year went way too fast and I'm delighted to see you are carrying on into 2011 with even more! yeah!!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

gosh! i love them all!!!! jo's would be so perfect in my guest bedroom!!

what a fun, fun, fun parade!

great job, sinta!!

xoxo
becky

Polly said...

Hey, now! You forgot my Plan C! http://auntpollysporch.blogspot.com/2010/08/plan-b-and-c.html Polly

Kim said...

Thanks so much for doing A Year of Schnibbles. I've really enjoyed it, and I know it's been a lot of work for you to organize the photos and get them posted each month, so I really do appreciate it! And, of course, I'm looking forward to the next year as well. Would it be possible, though, for you to post the names of each of the Schnibbles patterns for the past year if you have them written down somewhere already? It might help us to find them quicker for putting together a recap.

Simone de Klerk said...

Such lovely Schnibbles once again and I love your plan D! You can already count me in. I so much enjoyed it all.
Thank you, Sinta, Sherri and Carrie for having let us have so much fun and giving us the chance to start another fun year to look forward to!

Nanette Merrill said...

Such great quilts. You girls are both so talented. You amaze me. Real and true amazement. But also inspiration to so many.

an encourager said...

Thank you so much for all your hard work for these parades! I'm looking forward to the next round of quilting with you!

Ariane said...

Wow! What a great parade of quilts. I loved making some of the quilts. Unfortunately ran out of hours to be able to make them all. I will do my best to participate in "Le petit project" and "The great cover up".

Heather said...

Thank you again for thinking up this idea, and making it work! It has been lots of fun making 12 Schnibbles projects. I made a post of all of them here: http://quiltorstitch.blogspot.com/2010/08/year-of-heathers-schnibbles-quilts.html

Have a great day!

Loves to Quilt said...

I have all 12 Schnibbles completed. Here is my post: http://sandysshowtellquilts.blogspot.com/2010/09/year-of-schnibbles.html

Marianne said...

I've got my Schnibbles Grand Finale posted, here's the link!
http://disfordovey.blogspot.com/2010/09/year-of-schnibbles-redux.html

Thanks for the fun!!!

Sharon said...

It has been fun viewing all the Schnibbles this past year, so of course I want to join in!