GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, March 4, 2011

CGC Pincushion Swap and Next Set of Goals


Kris from Dandilion Quilts was my swap partner for  the CGC Pincushion Swap!
She sent me a wonderful-ly large pincushion
 (pattern was from Jaybird Quilts at MBS)
which was a pattern that I had been wanting to make! 
She also made me a sweet bag that I can use for any number of things!!! (after I consume the candy inside)hehe
Thank you Kris, I love it! I love the colors too... see how I set it on my little vintage embroidery?
Perfect!

So my list of goals for CGC March and April are...
1. To make my pincushion to give to my swap partner... who is Kris (no pressure)!
2. Work on my Pay it Forward projects
3. Work on Bitsy Button and Friends by Bunny Hill/out of Sunkissed by Sweetwater
4. Remember my Butterfly quilt that I was undecided on?
Well, I decided to add to it... so that's on my list
5.Same with my Gone to Market quilt... I'm not happy with the small version so I
 am going to add to that one as well
and turn it into the larger quilt on the pattern.
6. I didn't get any new pillows made for my family room yet... so that is
first on my list for a new Spring look!
7. I lost my houses for the border of Yoyoville, and since I want to enter it into
my Guild's quilt show in May, I need to get it finished...



8. I obviously need to clean my sewing room so that I can FIND the darn little houses for Yoyoville!
and then for #9, I will be working on Eventide!

In the meantime I had started this last month...
June Bug by Thimble Blossoms and I used an older line of fabric
made by Thimble Blossoms for it.

And then I saw this:

Charlevoix Fat Eighth Bundle Fabric by Minick & Simpson for Moda

and it quickly got cut up...




I couldn't help myself! You know when something is so inspiring???
I just love this new line of fabrics by Minick and Sompson
and I love the La Playa pattern... but then I saw I already had an older pattern by the Vintage Spool
that had a seaside theme so I thought I would just use the pattern
I had and combine it with  pinwheels blocks.
I think I got it all figured out... so I will be making ruffly 360 HST's! That ought to keep me busy!
(but notice I didn't put it officially on my list)!

25 friends stopped by to chat:

Carol said...

Nice projects Sinta. I wish for you to find those little houses and much accomplished in March and April.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful array of projects, Sinta.

Okay, now WHEN do you plan on sleeping? LOL

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my--you have me all worn out already and it is only the 4th of the month---????!!!!!lol
I can come up with a list like that--but somehow--somehow--it doesn't all get done!!!
have fun--hugs, Di

Kim Brackett said...

Your swap gifts are really nice. And with candy, no less! I love all your projects, but the Vintage Spool pattern is extraordinary! The motifs are so pretty.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I have the La Playa pattern too and I don't have fabric. Very interesting the sea theme pattern you are going to use.
You'll be busy Sinta Rene!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh wow, look at your list. I need to make one this weekend. :) Happy sewing.

Darlene said...

Love your treats from Kris - very sweet.

Lots of great projects on your list.

Unknown said...

I bet the delivery of the pin cushion and bag was a sweet surprise.

Glad to know I'm not alone in the multiple projects going on at the same time. :)

Have a great weekend!
Sonia

Laura lok said...

oh my gosh I love #3 toooo cute

Sherri said...

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who loses parts of quilts...I do hope you find the houses, though! I got Eventide all cut out tonight, but now I'm too tired to sew! Hopefully tomorrow!

Melody said...

What gorgeous projects you are working on at the moment. I love Bunny Hill patterns too. Your are looking great.

John'aLee said...

You always inspire me girl!

ranette said...

You'd better get busy because you have a very long list....lol... Wow!

I love the big pincushion and bag, very sweet!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

busy busy! Do you love your pincushion?? I hope you find your missing houses. They are around somewhere. Okay, I'm off to do my Saturday chores so that I can do some sewing later.

Carrie said...

Love, love, love Charlevoix.

Thank you. You've made my day by 'fessing up that you lose things in your sewing room. The hilarious thing is, you'll "lose" even more after you straighten up and organize it! It might have been a mess but you knew where everything was, and you knew what was in each pile and under each stack. Clean it up and you'll never find a thing! It will all be put away in a safe place... which, or course, won't make any sense at all because you won't be able to find it. :)

Have fun. I look forward to the end of the month Finish List. I know you'll have gotten it all done. Plus a few things.

Cyndi said...

That bag and pincushion are just too cute! And oh my, you have a long list of "to do's"! I thought my list was long. But you, unlike me, will get them all done! LOL! And I hope you share them all with us!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Michele said...

Great goals and projects :-) I hope you find your houses soon! I understand how that can happen :-)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

you have been a busy busy girl over there!!! i love the pincushion! :-)

pinsandneedles said...

Very ambitious goals! Love the Charlevoix fabric too! I need to get some before it's all gone!

Auntie Pami said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I have that pattern and haven't found the perfect fabric, but Charlevoix looks great!

Thelma said...

I always love seeing what you've got on your Goals List, mainly because I want to put everything on your list on mine. I hope you find your YoYoville houses, I love that pattern and think it will be a great addition to your Guild's show.

I'm eager to see some pictures of your embroidery projects, I love Henrietta Whiskers and Birdie Stitches!

I'm so impressed that you can have so many projects going at once, I'm a "take one a time girl". Having that many projects in my sewing room at once would keep me awake at night REALLY!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are one busy, busy sewing queen!! Lovely projects!!!!!!!
Now go and find those houses!

xoxo
Becky

Nanette Merrill said...

You're funny. I feel just like you write sometimes. Good projects all of them. Lots to do though!!! Can't wait to see more.

Gigi's Thimble said...

You've got so many beautiful projects on here. Glad I stopped by!

~Amber

Gigi's Thimble said...

You've got so many beautiful projects on here. Glad I stopped by!

~Amber