GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, April 15, 2011

Relationships and Confessions

I wanted to thank Thelma and Nicole for hosting the Eventide Quilt Along!
It was a lot of fun to make this quilt with a support group!

Smokey in the Netherlands aka  Judith made a wonderful Eventide quilt using Christmas reds and greens.
She had a little contest to "name" her quilt... and I won the contest!
I suggested Winter's Eve and she liked it!
And this is what I won!
The new fabric group from Fig Tree & Co.
Yumm!

Speaking of Eventide...
remember mine?
I actually renamed the quilt Dear John.
Well, after I kicked that quilt to the curb like an old boyfriend...
it seems a friend of mine took a liking to him.
The quilt will soon hang at the LQS and, believe it or not, I am going to teach a class
in Eventide!
Well, I guess it has a happy ending after all! hehe

I know there has been a lot of talk about
special relationships on blogs lately
and ...

I have a confession to make.
My love affairs with patterns goes without saying.
I am a bit of a hoarder...
I love my "designers" and they have always treated me well.

Nothing is better than when they keep the relationship fresh and new...
you know what I'm talking about, right?

I can count on a refreshing of the relationship every Spring and Fall.
Sure there is a price to pay, but it gives me so much satisfaction!

And the same is true for my love affairs with a few "certain" men in my life.
It's true, I have had a love interest with Michael Miller and
a long one with Henry Glass too. Sure, I guess you can say I got around.
I'm not ashamed to admit it!
But that was in the past...

Now I have an affair going with Mr. M. You know, the big "M".
 (is there a font for sarcasim)
In fact, I enjoy the company of Mr. M every day and
every
night!


Yes, it's true, I sleep with Mr. M... I'm talking about Moda.
I mean really.
and not only is all my bedding Moda

my pajamas are too!
A girl couldn't be happier...
Have a great weekend...
I will have a surprise for you next week!

16 friends stopped by to chat:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

hey--gal you really know how to "pick" your men--I really do need to come for a visit so I can take some lessons!!!!
Hugs, di and miss gracie

Carol said...

Wow, is that your bed? Love it! I'm a Moda girl too. So cool about your quilt to be hung up at your LQS.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very nice!! Love the bedding. I have some Strawberry Fields headed my way too. Should be here on Monday.

Jocelyn said...

My, my, these love interests really get around, don't they? I mean how can we go on without these amazing fellas. Mr. Moda does put me over the top :-)

donna said...

Your bedding is amazing. Congratulations on having you quilt hung at LQS.
Hugs
donna

Sharrieboberry said...

We love Moda! When my youngest daughter was 9, we were in a shop and she picked up some fabric and asked, "Is this Moda?" The LQS ladies thought that funny.

Train 'em young.

Denise in PA said...

You mean Mr. M is cheating on me? I kind of have a thing for Mr. Glass too. LOLOLOL! Wish I could take the Eventide class from you!

Nicole said...

That is so funny that you are now going to be teachng a class on Eventide! With your ups and downs in your feeling about that quilt, I am so glad all's well that ends well!

Kim Brackett said...

Shocking! Mr. Pincushion must be really understanding. :-)

Michele said...

Too funny :-) LOL! Thanks for brightening my day!

Thelma said...

You make me smile every time I drop by. You're teaching Eventide! How absolutely perfect is that! One suggestion, make the first class picking out the fabric! That's the hardest part of that whole quilt!

I'm with you on patterns, the more the merrier!

Cheryl said...

I just love your quilt...and I'm afraid I have a crush on your Mr. "M" too!!

Sherri said...

Love this post...I happen to love Mr. "M" too...although I'm not yet the proud owner of Moda bedding and pajamas...they're on the list, though!

Q said...

it's always lovely when you can not only maintain a civil relationship with your ex, but also be friends. I admire your skill in relationships with your Dear John... - Maybe you can give us all some tips :D

Cyndy said...

Okay does that mean Mr. M is cheating on me???

Unknown said...

That Mr. M sure does get around. Your bed is beautiful. Congratulations on having your quilt hung a tthe LQS.