GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Charming Girls Club May/June Finishes

Here is my snapshot of the projects I worked on and finished


in May and June. It's always fun to look back and see what I actually accomplished
the past couple of months. I am sad that this is the end of the CGC, but Kelly has been so wonderful and has  been hostessing the club for 2 years now!
 Thank you Kelly!!!
She no doubt has new things to do and share with us! She is awesome like that!

I think I will still set goals for myself each month. I kind of like my little check lists!

I am also working on my Simple Things quilt along with Kelly at Charming Chatter (who is also the hostess of Charming Girls Club) and Carol from Brown Quilts blog. That will probably be my first finish for July!

I am on a "stay at home vacation" this week and have been able to do some quilting,
have family come to visit...
along with getting things accomplished off my personal "honey-do" list.
I can tell you, I am going to need a lot longer than a week to
get all of the things done that I would like to get done.
 I just wish I had a little bit of "I Dream of Jeanie" in me...
and could just fold my arms and make a head nod and BAM,
redecorating COMPLETE!
I wonder how long it would really take to make
new drapes, make slip covers for the family room furniture
 and paint my dining table and chairs? 

Posted by Picasa

13 friends stopped by to chat:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I've always wished for the I Dream of Jeanine power. Love those sprocket pillows! Want to make a couple ogpf my couch?!

Linda said...

I also wish I could just wiggle my nose and have a clean house, weeded flower beds, meals cooked, clothes washed, etc. so I could spend my time doing what I want.
Enjoy your family.

Linda said...

I'm with you there...I wish I could wish some things done so I could spend all my time sewing!

Linda said...

Stay at home vaca are usually the best ones! :-) can't wait to see all the quilting you do!

Darlene said...

I've tried hard to channel Jeanie or Samantha (Bewitched)to no avail - sigh! LOL

Love all your finishes - you've definitely been very productive.

Dandelion Quilts said...

Wow...you have a lot of sewing thoughts swirling right now. Pass along a bit of that ambition to me? LOL. I love your finishes, your pillows are so cute.

Anne Heidi said...

You have so many lovely finishes! Way to go!
Jeanie power would be awesome- we'd get to sew even more if all the other chores were done in a flash...

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great stay-at-home vacation. Those are the best. I think still setting goals is a good idea...I might try it. Great job on all the finishes!

Thelma said...

Sinta, what are those adorable pincushions in the first picture, did you blog about that? I love them!

I wasn't a charming girl but i will miss her too, I enjoyed reading the goals and recaps of the folks who were a part of that group. I keep track of what I make but actually saying this is my monthly goal makes a big difference, I should get in that habit two, maybe next month . . ; ))

Wonderful finishes, all of them, Congratulations!

prsd4tim2 said...

Wow - it's fun to see all the cute things you've finished! Too bad about the Jeannie thing, but if you figure it out, would you please share? I could use some too.

Michele said...

I'm also sad about the end of CGC too...it's been fun! I wonder what fun group will come up next? Enjoy your staycation :-)

Cardygirl said...

Love all that you achieved...sounds like big plans for your vacation...good luck!

Sherri said...

You finished so many great projects! Hope your stay at home vacation is going great!