GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, September 9, 2011

Something To Share

I received an e-mail from Lois,  a new quilter friend of mine, that I met at The Vintage Spool retreat a couple of months ago.  I wanted to pass this information to anyone who might be interested.



San Marcos School of Nursing is raising money to send a select group of student nurses to Africa for 3 weeks on November. My daughter Mindy is one of them. The purpose is to provide hands on experience in nursing care/treatments and health education to the ill, homeless and impoverished families in Africa. They go to other countries as well, this year happens to be Africa.


I would like to help them to get there. All my Edge to Edge quilting sales from now to October will be going towards a fund raiser for Mindy and other student nurses. I'm asking you to pass this on to other quilters and together we can help send these student nurses to help those less fortunate.


For my out of town friends/quilters - Any orders that require return shipping and are received before October 31, 2011 will get complimentary return shipping.
 
The quilt pictured is a close up of one of Lois's quilts that I took at the retreat. Although I haven't had anything quilted by her as of yet... I have seen her work, which is fabulous, and I know that she does sewing for Pearl Pereira. So if you might be interested, let me know and I would be glad to give her contact information to you.
 
Last weekend was very quite for the Labor Day holiday but this weekend will be
fun and busy. I am looking forward to it...
and sharing pictures on Monday!

1 friends stopped by to chat:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Thanks for the tip Sinta! I may give her a try.