GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, November 14, 2011

Mosaic Monday


First, I am showing you what I worked on over the weekend. I had some time in the
mornings to make a little headway on this quilt.
Well, that is until my needle hit a pin...  and broke my needle. I rarely use pins. It was the second pin I used that day.
But it somehow threw my featherweight out of whack...
After an hour or so I gave up and am now seeking wisdom from the Singer Guru's.
I have a call into a friend of mine who is very knowledgeable right now...
fingers crossed that it doesn't have to go in for serious repair work. *g*

So onward...
here are of my favorite pictures from Market 2011.

Unfortunately, there were several designers that were not
having booths this year.
I love looking at the photos of the displays.
I have a degree in Design, Display and Visual Promotion...
(not something I actually do) so, needless to say I love
that aspect of Market... the fabric is just icing on the cake!
Posted by Picasa

17 friends stopped by to chat:

Sue said...

What a beautiful quilt ! What fabric did you use. SO sorry to hear about your sewing machine , hope it is fixed soon !

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Your quilt top is gorgeous! Sorry about hitting the pin, hopefully it is an easy fix. I love the collages you do! I loved looking at all the booth photo's too. Have a good evening!

Darlene said...

It's stunning, Sinta. I'm sorry you hit a pin while sewing and wish I could help with your Featherweight. I hope the problem will be resolved soon.

Cyndi said...

That quilt is beautiful, Sinta. And I sure hope your little Featherweight won't need anything major. I know she's your "go to" machine! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Michele said...

Get well soon to your featherweight :-( Sorry to hear that it's under the weather. Your quilt top is amazing.....just beautiful! The Market pictures are wonderful too! Thanks for sharing them.......a little drool here.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Hey Sinta! You've been busy! Can't wait to see your Swoon out of Nine Dots!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your featherweight was not damaged! I really must make more use of mine - I haven't used it lately. I love that top- really nice!
Karen

paulette said...

Your quilt is going to be STUNNING!! Too bad about your sewing machine...let's hope it's nothing serious!
P

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

That quilt is amazing Sinta! And thanks for sharing the market photos. Love seeing all of the colors and fabrics. Hope your machine works itself out soon.

John'aLee said...

Sinta that quilt is beautiful!

Mary said...

I'm really sorry about your machine. Is it a timing issue? My Bernina is in the shop now, too, and I miss it. I love your quilt - gorgeousness!!! My degree is textiles and clothing (and I use it constantly) but I wish I could have minored in yours. It sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

I use a Featherweight all tme and the main thing to do when hitting a needle is to make sure the needle is sharp. I do this every and then and have no problem . Usually it breaks the needle and all you need to do it put in another needle

Denise :) said...

Sinta, this is beautiful! I hope your FW is all better now! :)

Miss Jean said...

I just love this quilt. What fabrics did you use? Also, I looked at your Studley and Mrs. quilt and am curious as to what fabrics you used for that as well. Looking over your quilts I am so impressed with your fabric/color selections. They are right up my alley and are gorgeous!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

wow! lovely quilt. I hate that pin thing. I've done that.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love that quilt - it's gorgeous! And, I hope your machine isn't too bad! Wow, what an awesome degree - I could see why that makes market even more fun for you! Love your collages :)!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a lovely quilt. I hope your machine is back running smoothly.