GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bring It On

The decorating is done
with no lights to spare,


all in the hopes that the kids would soon be here...

and I am happy to say that they have started arriving...
last night and today... and more on their way!

My sewing room will be the last room to be turned into sleeping quarters..
so mostly everything here has come to a stop.
But I did start a little project that needs some attention...
I decided that now was the time (I need serious help)
to make the slip covers for my family room furniture.
And with that task I learned a little something new...
although it was a struggle for me, I did manage to
"get it"... I figured out my ruffler attachment for my featherweight.
Oh my goodness, I am in love!
Instead of cording for the slipcovers I am making little ruffles. And
I do have to say that it is turning out pretty cute.
I see no stopping me... after I am through with the 40 yards of ruffles I need for the furniture, I have
baby blankets to make for my soon to be arriving grand daughter. Oh, and then can you see all the little clothes with ruffles!!!
I am in heaven!

Posted by Picasa

14 friends stopped by to chat:

Denise :) said...

Oh yay for soon-to-arrive granddaughters!! When is yours due? Mine is coming early January and I just cannot wait! Have fun playing with your ruffler!! :)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh ruffles and lace! How fun! Have a merry Christmas!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like you are having way too much fun.

Ruffles and granddaughters sound like a perfect combination.

Annette said...

Beautiful decorations. I need to learn to use a ruffler...sounds so fun.

Josie McRazie said...

oh no! Someone created a ruffling fool! LOL!!! have a great time with you ruffles!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

HOORAY!! Sounds like you are well on your way to partying the Holiday weekend away. LOVE the red and white bulb wreath. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sinta!

Linda said...

Love your Christmas pictures!! Ruffles and little girls, too sweet! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sinta!

Mary said...

You're making new slip covers for furniture the week before Christmas? well, okay....
I've never used my ruffler. How much extra fabric does it use? I usually plan on twice as long but never have figured the attachment rule out. Newest baby granddaughter is two months old, her sister is three (and a half. Can't forget the half!) so I make lots of ruffles.

chatterboxblondie said...

Sinta you crack me up! You just never stop do you girl. I can't wait to see your ruffles on the cushions. I know they will be the coolest cushion covers ever!! I have never even paid any attention to my ruffle attachment. Maybe one day sooner than later. lol I am challenged you know.
I know you will have a wonderful Christmas Weekend!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love and Hugs Leisa

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Such pretty decorations - and the kids are arriving - the best part of Christmas - I can't wait to see those ruffles. You go girl! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh the ruffler foot. It is amazing right? I love mine.

Merry Christmas! Sounds like it will be fun filled for you! xo

Sherri said...

Merry Christmas! The ruffler sounds fun!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh I'm with you, bring it on. I may not be completely done but by midnight Christmas Eve I will just have to stop!

Unknown said...

I like your Christmas tree very much! i will make it in next year. Thanks for sharing.