GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, March 5, 2012

Mosaic Monday



There is just something romantic about weather vanes.
A few years ago we were visiting family in Rhode Island and
we got there during the Newport International Boat Show.
Fortunately for us, we were staying with family who
had a boat and we went out to see it. Not only was it a spectacular day,
seeing all the beautiful boats from the water vs. the dock.  I remember looking
past the boats, past the people on the docks, and looking at the
 sun shining down on the city's edge,
at the town of Newport and seeing the beautiful weather vanes on top of the historic
buildings.
It truly was a moment to behold.

On a completely different note...
I tried to turn on my air conditioning in my car yesterday, because it
was such a gorgeous day... and there was a terrible noise along with
debris coming in the vent and a huge awful smell.
There is something now dead and smelly  clogging up my vent!
Urrrrrgggg!
(not photos for this)
(you're welcome)


Posted by Picasa

11 friends stopped by to chat:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Well sorry to hear about your air conditioner...that sounds yucky. One time my friend was driving to work and a large bird flew into her grill on her car. And she pulled it out and it was still alive.Yuck, right?

Jocelyn said...

oooo time to get that AC checked out. Summer will be here before you know it!

Thelma said...

Oh Sinta, if it's not one thing it's another with you these days! Be sure to let us know what crawled into your car and died! I hope it cools down until you can get that varmint out of there.

Carol said...

I enjoy your mosaic Mondays. I love that Mary Poppins weathervane.

busyascanbe said...

I love weather veins too! It makes you feel like a summer breeze!

busyascanbe said...

I love weather veins too! It makes you feel like a summer breeze!

Anne said...

Delightful blog! I'm a new follower! ♥♥
Anne

Josie McRazie said...

Oh, no! I do hope you find out what it is before it overpowers your nostrils!!

Mary said...

Well, yuck. I hope the AC gets fixed and deodorized quickly. Yuck. Until then, I guess just keep thinking of the smell of the ocean.

Michele said...

How unpleasant. So sorry that happened to you! I hope you get it worked out soon Thanks for leaving out the pictures LOL!! The weathervanes pictures are beautiful though :-)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh yes. I KNOW what you're talking about. MOUSE NEST. Had the same thing last year. GROSS. And it stinks to high heaven. My husband located the vent and nest and it was HUGE. Thankfully, no mice anymore. Just the nest.