GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, March 27, 2012

She's Here... and BOM Rehab

Yes it's Rehab time but first...

Guess where I was yesterday!!!
At the hospital!
Which is nothing new for me this year...
but this time it was for a wonderful event!
The arrival of my grand daughter.
Absolutely perfect in every way!
hehe!
May I introduce to you Evelyn Rae
born Monday March 26, 2012
at 6# 11 oz., 19" long.
...and her daddy!

Did you get a chance to sew over the weekend?
Did that include one of your block of the month projects?
If you did... then you could be part of our Rehab!
Here are the girls that have joined in on the rehab this week.
I wanted to show you the pictures of what they are working on and the links to their blogs
just in case you might want to explore the other block of the months out there or maybe
it will spur you into pulling out a project of your own.


I didn't get a photo of my blog yet... but as I pulled out my FQS Designer Mystery BOM 2011
and started cutting out block number 2... 
things started to look familiar. I wondered if I had just opened up the package for that month and
swiped fabric out of it, because obviously it had been cut  here and there.
By the time I started sewing block #2 I had a memory of making this block before!
So, I new I had done #1, although I cant find the block right now. I must have done #2 as well.
So since I didn't have a picture of the block to share, I thought I would look back at my posts from last year and see if I had taken a picture and shared it here already.
And then I see this picture!
It not only has #2 along side #1... but there is block #3 also! 
Where did that come from???
I don't remember that at all.
(well, you can see my memory hasn't been serving me well anyway)
So, now, when I find them, I have numbers 1 and 3 and two of #2!

You know what the funny thing is???
I was able to cut 2 whole blocks out of the fabric included for block #2.

Here are some other Rehab blocks...

Kristen at Meadowbrook blog


This one is from Jennie at Over the Hill and Running.


This is a sample of the BOM's in progress from Celine
at Esprit Patch. Do you recognize this BOM?


This is a block of the month project that Laura from 
Creations on the Island is making. This is from a quilt along she
is doing with the Old Red Barn.


Here is a block from a BOM from Marcella, Short Attention Span Girl!


This is from Vivian! Her blog is Bronx Quilter!
This looks like a fun one... go see her blog to learn more.

This group is just starting...
all you need to do is pull out a B.O.M. you have and start working on it this week.
Show a picture of it and a completed block on your blog on Mondays and let me know.
I will enter you in to win a prize at the end of the month for each week you play along.

After this week we will just have a Simply Linked tool available so you can just add your photo to the list
easie peasie! 


33 friends stopped by to chat:

Jen said...

Congratulations! What a great reason to be back in a hospital!

Sue said...

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful granddaughter ! What a proud Daddy !

Nanette Merrill said...

Congrats. What a delight. Love the blocks, too.

Cyndi said...

Oh, big Congrats, Grandma! How sweet is that precious little one. And your son looks pretty darn happy, too!

And honestly, girl, you have had so much going on lately it's no wonder you don't remember already doing those blocks. See, you're ahead of the game! :o)

Enjoy those first new days with your little gem!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Darlene said...

She's here, she's here - woohoo!!!! Let the fun begin. LOL Congratulations to you and your family. She's beautiful.

Love your blocks and everyone's progress. I need to get on board this week.

Messy Karen said...

congratulations. new babies are so so much fun. just blogged about the rehab. but zero blocks for me. not off to a good start. but be back next week to link up!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

How exciting, congratulations....she is going to bring you a lot of joy.

Izzy said...

Congratulations on the new arrival! :-)

Carol said...

Oh Sinta...congratulations! That is the most exciting news.
I'll be joining the rehab group...found my Cotton Club blocks...I'm behind...thanks so much for doing this. Heaven knows when I would have done it.

Linda said...

Congratulations to you and all your family!!! Evelyn is just beautiful!!! What a blessing!!

Cath said...

Congratulations Sinta! hoping to get organised and join your BOM rehab soon. Look forward to your linky!
Cath
Bits 'n Bobs

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Grandma! Evelyn Rae is gorgeous and guaranteed to make you smile a lot!

Lisa D. said...

Congratulations on your granddaughter - she is beautiful!

Strlady said...

So happy for you and your family! Congrats!

Lesley said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful granddaughter...she is adorable!

Dorothy said...

Congrats! and I just joined your Rehab program!! I need it!!
Dorothy in IL

Betty Lou said...

Lovely pictures of quilts/blocks but the best picture is of little Evelyn. Congratulations!

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations. She is darling!

Sara said...

Beautiful baby ... and Congratulations!!!

I should join up - maybe I'll work on one of my BOMs blocks...and surprise myself

nhsarab at yahoo dot com

Kris said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby granddaughter! She is precious!!!

Cardygirl said...

Congratulations on the arrival of sweet Evelyn!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with your granddaughter

Stina Blomgren said...

CONGRATULATIONS.... ahhh it must be so sweet being a grandparent...:O)))) Guess you smile all the time..:O)
Enjoy and say hello to the new family from Sweden..:O)) HUGS

Vivian said...

What big news, Congratulations proud grandma!

The BOMs may have to wait because you have new baby snuggling to do!

Celine said...

Congratulations on the birth of your grand-daughter. She looks very alert already!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sinta!! And to your whole family as well. Enjoy the newest addition to your family! Love the BOM progress and I had to chuckle at your "re-do". Now you should make a second quilt for your new little one. :) Since you have the extra blocks and all. Might as well keep going.

Mary said...

Congratulations! She's the size First Daughter wishes she could birth instead of the ten pounders she's had. And she's really pretty!!! You're going to have so much fun - I just spent four days making clothes for my granddaughters. Loved every minute! There's no way to describe how much fun it is to be a grandma but now you get to find out and join the club.

Satu said...

Congratulations, she looks so pretty! I'm sorry, that I didn't take part in to the Rehab this week (I haven't been feeling well recently), but I'll be back soon. Actually I sewed first time today after 2 weeks... it felt so good! Have a lovely time with your granddaughter!

A Plain Path said...

Congrats on beautiful Evelyn!!!

Love all the blocks as well.

Sherryl said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!! I actually came on for another purpose and was surpised to see your delightful announcement first. Congrats. Now the real reason I'm here is to say thank you. I just received the 3 Blind Mouse pincushion pattern that I won in your recent giveaway. Adorable. My mother lives with me and she wants to make some too! I think we'll be overrun by mice soon! LOL. Thanks again for your generosity.
- sunshdws at yahoo dot com

sandra said...

She is just adorable congratulations on her safe arrival and look forward to years of fun. I wish I could have been a grandmother sooner it is the most fun I have ever had. Blessings and prayers to all of your family Sandra

Kay said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful & blessed to have you for a grandmother. It totally changes your life for the better. Your son looks very happy & proud.

Wendy P said...

Congratulations! You are going to have so much fun! Your sewing will take a whole new direction from now on. At least mine did with the grandson being born 3 years ago.

Enjoy every minute, cause it sure goes by fast!