GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Found My Blocks!

I was hoping that these blocks were not going to have the same fate as my lost village of Yoyoville!
Luckily I was able to find them in my very neglected, yet messy sewing room this morning!

So I will have 13 blocks when this BOM is over... which is just fine with me
because I really like the options you have with  13 block settings.  
Sherbet Stars Downloadable PDF Quilt Pattern Cotton Way
For instance, this one has 15 blocks but you could omit the last row.
Binkies on Broadway Quilt Pattern Bunny Hill Designs by Anne Sutton
Here you can see that the elephants make the 12 blocks and the alternate block gives you the diagonal lines.
(photos borrowed from FQS)
That's the thing about block of the month projects...
do you buy the finishing kit too?
I don't, so I need to be creative with that part of finishing the quilt.

12 friends stopped by to chat:

Mary said...

These are very pretty blocks. So is your new grandaughter. Congratulations, Grandma.

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah. I am glad you found them. They will make up beautifully.

Carol said...

You're doing so great with your FQS blocks. The Bunny Hill quilt is so cute, of course you would need to do pink elephants.

Kristen King said...

I have bought the finishing kits in the past, but did not with this BOM. I'm actually really excited about the possibilities for finishing this one...and then mine will be different. :)

Kris said...

Very nice. Everyone is crazy about my mouse, and wants it. I was going to keep it in the family room, but I moved her to my sewing room. She is much happier there!!!
: ) Kris

Vivian said...

Great you found the blocks! Saving a bit of work and giving you more layout flexibility is a double bonus!

I also like when having an extra block (or blocks) can yield the foundation for a label for the back. I found that a leftover cutout from one of the motifs on mine will make a great label if I reverse applique it onto another fabric.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I don't because I can't afford them (the finishing kit). Happy that you found your blocks. Awesome!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Isn't it funny how that works out. I've done exactly the same thing.

Andy said...

Love, love, love your FQS blocks! I have all my neat little unopened envelopes sitting in a basket in my office for that perfect day when I can get started!

Linda said...

Yay! I know you feel relieved! I hate losing things!

Allyson said...

Glad you found your blocks.

You could also do a 3x3 setting on point and put the other four in between for....13 blocks. I love the look of sampler blocks on point. Ok, I like ANY blocks on point.

Will be interested in seeing what comes of these.

Rebecca P said...

What pretty blocks & fabrics. I wanted to sign up for that BOM when I saw it, but had already signed up for General's Wives.