GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, April 13, 2012

What To Do!

I filled up a "punch card" at the LQS when I purchased one of these patterns below...
so I asked them to order the Lori Holt patterns for me....
it was such a nice treat!
I have some new patterns that were free and fabric to go with them as well!
Last week or so ago, FQS had 50 percent off of their RB fabrics...
so I scooped up on some!
It was a bargan but do you know how some places sell everything by the half yard?
Well, my confusion and haste while ordering got me twice as much as I needed.
But seriously, you can't have too much fabric can you?
But I might have too many choices!


I saw this Cake Stand pattern made up recently somewhere
and they substituted a domed cake stand in each of the rows...
there were cupcakes under the dome. I just might have to add that
twist to mine! I think it was just an embroidered dome.
I think that these will be future projects .

Right now I am trying to be good and get these handles sewn on
these blocks so I can finish up this quilt! It has been on the back burner
for way too long.


Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts is having a 6 week
6 block event called Busy Work.
These blocks are really cute!
This is how far I have gotten for block #2.


It is suppose to look like this one...
this is Pam's sample block

She just posted the third block today in case you are interested in some
Busy Work!

What I know I need to work on this weekend... is 


ah yes, a certain little Schnibbles pattern. I am
going to use the Vintage Modern  charms this month!
This is really sweet fabric... so I hope that it turns out cute.

Oh, I also want to thank you all for your comments on my last post.
#1 for thinking that Evie is as cute as I think she is!
and #2 for offering so much support and ideas for my obsession in finding
the fabric panels for Dolly Dresses.
I got a couple of good leads and was able to get what I needed.
Did I say needed? hahahaha!
Anyway, mission accomplished!
I got very lucky at Shabby Fabrics. They had a lot of Lakehouse fabrics, although they didn't
show any of the fabric panels on line. But with a quick phone call... and a little question, it
turned out that they had a couple of bolts of the panel but it just wasn't on line.
Have you been over to their site?
They have a free BOM available.
In case you needed something for BOM Rehab!

Have a great weekend!

3 friends stopped by to chat:

Rachel said...

I LOVE Lori Holt's patterns. I only wish she would make a vintage Halloween applique pattern. OMG that would be awesome!!

I wanted to let you know that I will be sewing all day Sunday and figured it might be fun to host a virtual quilt day in case others wanted to join me. I have a ton of binding to do and virtually sewing with others makes it a lot less tedious. :) :) If you are interested in playing, I have the details on my blog. No rules really! Just something fun to get encouragement from other quilters!! :) :)

Rachel
www.ScrapendipityDesigns.com

Darlene said...

I'm so glad you found the dresses panel for your adorable granddaughter.

Some of the pictures aren't showing up on my screen so I'll have to peek in again later.

Dandelion Quilts said...

Glad you found your fabric for your little sweetie!