GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Am On A Mission

But I need help!
I am sure you have all seen this fabric before.
This is actually a photo of a quilt  have been searching high and low... all over the internet and calling
quilt shops that I think might have it. But no luck.
But it is what i am looking for.
I know, I know... of course I thought it was cute when it came out.
But I didn't have a little grand child then!

(photo by the Great American Quilt Co.)

But now I do... and I would love to make up a little quilt
with Dolly Dresses by Holly Holderman of Lakehouse.

Ok, I am not asking for you to go into your stash...
I can see where you would want to hold on to this sweet fabric,
but if you know of a store where I can find it let me know.

You can see why I need to make up a little something else 
for this little something don't you?


Her mom and I had a lot of fun taking these pictures for Easter.
Can you believe that Evie slept through the whole thing?

22 friends stopped by to chat:

Dianne Mitzel said...

Have you tried Mary Jo's Cloth shop in Gastonia, N.C. I have the phone number if you want to try. This baby looks like she could be swooped and eaten, adorable, like a little pink cream puff!!! I have seen this fabric somewhere, I'll be on the look-out.

sandra said...

I wish I could help, I know there is a site out that will help you find fabric but right now I can't think of it. If it pops into my mind I will let you know.
She is such a sweetie and the Eater Bunnie couldn't have brought anything better.

Anonymous said...

Darling! I have to share this with you! This gal would take sweet photos as hers slept. I saw it on The Today Show..here is fer blog http://milasdaydreams.blogspot.com/

Betty Lou said...

Sorry, I don't have any of these fabrics. Your little bunny looks so cute in the Easter basket.

Venetia said...

http://www.desperatequilters.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=496083.26843.s0&lastmenu=submenu-1300.html&product=lakehousdollydresses2

Desperate Quilters seems to have a good supply of Dolly Dresses 1 &2. Hope that helps!

Cyndi said...

Oh Sinta, little Evie is absolutely precious! And it's so sweet that you want to make her a quilt with those darling fabrics. I have a lot of "retro" 1930's fabrics so I'll go through my stash to see what I might have in that line...I'll also check at the International Quilt Festival tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a link where you can find some of the line:

http://search.myquiltshops.com/cgi-server/quiltshops/nph-myqssearch.cgi?thumbnails=

Chat soon!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh my that would be a stinking cute quilt and look at that photo!! How sweet!!

Miss Jean said...

Try www.quiltshops.com and do an item search by thumbnails. Good luck!

Aimee B said...

I don't have the fabric, but I do have a sweet pattern that makes little dresses... might be useful if you can't find the fabric... what a beautiful baby! (ps my rule for fabrics that tickle my fancy, but I don't have use for is "but two" and I have never regretted it!)

Darlene said...

It's darling fabric. You might try contacting Holly Holderman directly.

Sobuzy said...

I purchased the paper doll quilt kit several months ago...from a shop in Jefferson City MO...then I went to Apthe Gathering in Stover a couple of weeks ago and they had the doll dresses - same shop. I am sure you have found it by now but if not, I will be going through Jefferson City tomorrow and would be happy to check it out for you...

Jana said...

The online store - fabrick shack has some of the fabrics: http://www.fabricshack.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?keywords=dolly%20dresses%20by%20holly%20holderman%20lakehouse&tracking4=search%20dolly%20dresses%20by%20holly%20holderman%20lakehouse.
Or you can try to find some here:
http://www.quiltshops.com/search.htm

Jana said...

... another shop with fabrics available: up and away quilts -
http://www.upandawayquilts.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?keywords=dolly%20dresses%20by%20holly%20holderman%20lakehouse&tracking4=search%20dolly%20dresses%20by%20holly%20holderman%20lakehouse

Wendy said...

What a sweetie. Love the photo. fabric.com has what you want.

Becky said...

Intown Quilts in Atlanta, GA carries lots of Lakehouse fabrics. They have a website and you could call the directly. Good luck!

Patty said...

I may be wrong but I could swear I saw this hanging in a quilt shop in Murfreesboro, Tn a few months ago. Here's the number if you want to check.... Quilt Connection 615-867-0210

Mary said...

That has to be the cutest picture EVER. Except of course for my oldest in her stocking and cap on Christmas when she was two days old (and somewhere about 4 pounds). But other than that, the absolute CUTEST!!! I wish I could help with the fabric. :-( I love the quilt behind her, too.

Lesley said...

She is just precious. I can see why you want to make a special quilt for her!

Michele said...

What an adorable picture!! So sweet :-) I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for that fabric.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Sweet Evie! Love that picture. No help with the fabric though but looks like you've gotten a few leads. Good luck!

Kathleen said...

Try Annalena.com for your fabric. I made this quilt for my great granddaughter three years ago.

Bonnie said...

Can you tell me the name of the quilt pattern with the doll dresses. It is adorable. Don't know how I missed this one. What a darling baby!!!!