GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, April 25, 2012

When they said...

Cut it out!
I took them seriously!

Over the weekend I was able to cut out 
fabric for another small Dresden baby quilt.
I thought I would make another one for a baby boy...
Parker. He is my cousins first grand baby that was born last week.
 I went with the American Jane fabric...
Happy Camper. I thought it would be fun, retro and boyish.
But I am not sure if I want to continue.
I like sweet little baby things and this is looking...
oh, I don't know... just old school boy style.
What do you think? 
I could stop now and still be ahead.
I might wait to decide until 
I  make up the little faces for the centers... I will show you tomorrow.

I did find my Dolly Dresses panels.
(this photo borrowed from the Great American Quilt Shop)
But I didn't play with those yet.

So, what else did I do???

I cut out my new Cake Walk pattern using Me and My Sister fabrics.
I cut out my Sew Cherry Lori Holt pattern too. I am so excited to use this
fabric with that pattern!
I even started my Schnibbles project with Vintage Modern...mmm, yummy!

You could say that I have my work cut out for me this week! hehehe
And I didn't even mention  the Boardwalk pattern cut from California Girl!
Love you Fig Tree!
I literally have projects every where I turn! 
I am loving all of them! 
 That is, with the exception of that dang Dresden Happy Camper quilt.

And... I plan to have them all done...
next week...
okay, I'm kidding!

26 friends stopped by to chat:

Sandy D said...

I can't wait to see the finished Dresden Plate Quilt. They remind me of mens ties.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love your plates and think they will make an awesome quilt--but I can see your point as far as for what you where trying to do--so maybe other fabrics would work better for a boy one--one with trucks and airplanes and toys--or solids, polka dots,strips--
have fun!!!
and I love all those cutouts!!!!
I just today finally decided on which charm pack to use for this months Schnibbles--hey I got 5 days left yet!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Di and miss gracie

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Next week?! Oh my gosh~ I want to drink what you are drinking!! LOL ;-) Cute plates! Oh, and I have last month's Schnibble together, better late than never, right? ;-)

Betty Lou said...

Make up a couple with the centers------I think you will fall in love with it I like the colors/fabrics.

Debbie said...

I'm like you and like "baby" things, but these may take on a different look with the faces added. I used vintage modern for my schnibbles this month too. Love how it turned out...It is quilted and I sewed the binding on yesterday...I think my DIL has claimed it. How fun with all your new projects

Darlene said...

OMG, you took 'them' seriously, didn't you? Way to go!

I like the dresden plates but I can see what you mean.

amy smart said...

Those dresdens are so adorable. I love Happy Camper!

JoAnne said...

I made the Cake Walk quilt and it turned out awesome. I did not see the cupcake version before I made mine, though, or I may have done that. I used Sew Cherry. I made it for my daughter for her Christmas gift last year. I blogged about it on Dec 26 last year at my patrioticquilter blog. I can't wait to see your version in other fabrics!

Needled Mom said...

You do have your work cut out for yourself. I love that Cake Walk pattern. I think the plates would be great for a boy.

Wendy said...

You are very ambitious to have so much done by next week :-) The boy quilt is looking cute. I've been cutting Dresden plates as well.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I am loving all of your projects.. those patterns are great. I think I like the baby boy dresdens that you have going. I love bright colors. So happy, can't wait to see them with the centers.

Béa said...

I love all your projects. Your Dresden are beautiful, more kid than baby perhaps, but kids love happy colours.And it will be more long time cherished...XXX

Anonymous said...

I like your Dresdens but see what you mean. Try a couple with the centres and see how you feel then. My quilty friend H (who used to be children's nurse) tells me that bright colors and strong contrast is good for little ones to focus on, if that helps. Go with your feelings! As Béa says, it will be loved--you made it for them after all!

How busy you will be! Wow, am in awe.
Hazle

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Second try!!! Love the Dresdens! Happy Camper is one of my favorites. Great projects you have lined up there....and I can't wait to see what next months Schnibbles pattern is!!

Cardygirl said...

I love the Dresdens...what about taking off the points and turning them into wagon wheels...they are fun!

Siobhán said...

I think the Dresdens are adorable--perfect for a little boy who will be able to use the quilt past the baby stage.

Cheryl said...

All such wonderful projects! Lots and lots of projects. Have fun and good luck with that weekend goal.

Sharon said...

You have so many adorable projects going...how do you decide what to work on? Have fun! And I love your Dresdens!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The dolly dresses sure are precious! I love your quilts and I'm enjoying your blog!

Kris said...

Wow, you have been so busy! I love it!!! All of it!

Linda said...

I really like the happy colors in your Dresden plate quilt! I think any little boy would love those colors!

Mary said...

While babyish quilts are fun to make and to use for a little while, "old school boy style" will be used for years and years! So my vote is keep on the way this baby quilt is going.

Wow, you are one busy lady!!! I can't wait to see them all finished.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Sinta--I am back with another thought on your Dresden plates--
I bet the baby will really like those colors--we are so into the soft colors for babies--but I remembered when I had done a couple baby quilts once and took them to a meeting, there was a 5 month old boy there and when I showed the brightest one--in the colors of your plates, he went nuts until we actually gave him the quilt--that was his favorite 'blankey' from then on--
so keep on with the plates!!!!
Hugs, Di and miss gracie

Jane S. said...

Well I love those little plates! I think a boy would really enjoy the bright colors and patterns (and the shape is like little neckties). So cute.

ytsmom said...

Great parade again this month. Some of the pics don't show up for me, just a little box. Is is just me, and is there anything I can do to fix it?? Thanks again