GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, October 25, 2012

Quilt Camp Recap

I meant to show you pictures of my retreat... 
a few at a time...
but since the week is almost over I am just going to bombard you with
lots of photos today.
We had 46 wonderful women attend the retreat. It's a smaller number than
usual  but it was a great event never-the-less.

Mostly because everyone brings a great sense of humor
and wonderful attitudes to this amazing place!

 People came from all parts of California. From as far south as San Diego.
From the San Francisco Bay Area (go Giants) and from
Northern California too!
 Even though we work hard from way early  til 11 p.m. we
do find time to stop and enjoy the scenery.



One of the things we did was to have a show and tell of the quilts made by Ruth Kingsland.
She passed away this year, not long after learning she had cancer.
Her daughter came from the Bay Area to share her quilts with us one last time.
Ruth usually has a large group of friends with her... I missed seeing them this year.
Several of the quilts were from Bunny Hill patterns. But all of her quilts were amazing.


 The weather was absolutely gorgeous the entire weekend.

 I love the retreat because I get to see my favorite people
and spend some time with them.
 This is Wanda and her entourage is in
the photo above! 

Old friends got together!

New friendships were made!

Peggy and Beverly are the sweetest people...

Do you see the views here?

Proof that quilters are the nicest people. 

 I think everyone was having a hard time waking up on Sunday morning!
It was a long weekend! I gave a little tutorial on a 
cell phone caddy, a Cathedral Windows pillow, and a Spider Web quilt.
There was also a Mystery Quilt project... hmmm, and what else????
Chocolate!





9 friends stopped by to chat:

Ramona said...

Looks like you had a great retreat too. And chocolate is a MUST! Thanks for sharing.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow i love those views! Looks like you chose a wonderful spot and everyone had a great time. :-) Wish I lived closer!

Anita said...

That is an awesome view! Where did you have your retreat? It looks like fun :)

Lesley said...

Looks like it was a wonderful time!

Cheryl said...

Wow, what an amazing view!!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Loved all your pictures.

Kris said...

Oh how I want to be there to join all of you ladies on this retreat. Hopefully soon, I can! What fun it looked like. And my beloved Bass Lake....there are no words!!
xo Kris

Mary said...

This looks like so much fun! I wish I lived closer (and had pet sitters). The view is so beautiful! Will we get to see pictures of the quilts everyone worked on?

Strlady said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm looking forward to my guilds retreat in January. The views are not as beautiful but the people are just as nice!

Corrie said...

What fun! I wouldn't get any sewing done, I'd just look out the window. Quilters are the nicest people. I would have loved to take your classes.