GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, January 4, 2013

Blue & Brown with a Dash of Polka Dots

I couldn't resist, 
couldn't wait a moment...
to make one of the blocks from Open Gate!
It's a free six month block of the month from Monique D. called Blogger Girls BOM.
Several bloggette's are helping her and you can 
see different versions of this same block 
on their blogs. 

I plan on making a second block of this pattern...
so that I can have 12 all together.
I have a nice little collection of scraps from a friend that she was getting
rid of... fabrics and colors that I would not normally gravitate to but
like them just the same. I  am happy to be using them for this project.

 Last evening I went to a meeting at my local quilt guild
and this was one of the quilts that was in the Show and Tell.
The person said that it had been a block of the month but
she did her own setting for it which was replicated from a 
1800's quilt to go on her antique bed. 
I think it is so beautiful so she let me take a photo...
I thought I would share it with you.
What do you think?

9 friends stopped by to chat:

Linda said...

Love your block, Sinta! I could not resist either!! :-) We are going to have a beautiful wuilt whrn its done. Love the reproduction quilt too. Brautiful!

Lesley said...

I think you made an awesome block! And I'm getting itchy to take the plunge as well! The show and tell quilt is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Great block! I am resisting. I love Thelma's out of Hometown.

Izzy said...

Love your block Sinta. I'm clicking the link right now to see what this BOM is all about! :-)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have enjoyed seeing the same block made in different fabrics on a few blogs I follow.
As for the sampler quilt, wow breath taking, I usually am not a fan of sampler quilts but this one is unique and wonderful! Thanks for sharing

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Happy New Year Sinta...I hope 2013 is a wonderful year full of creativity for you!
Your block is beautiful and I love the Show and Tell quilt..it's a treasure!
Happy weekend,
Susan x

Cindy said...

I think it's wonderful, Sinta.

Great looking block.

Kris said...

Very nice! I am going to get back to quilting in 2013!!
Heading up to Big Bear in a few. We had a delay, as we got a bit of bad news. Greg's cousin had passed and we went to the funeral yesterday. And unbeknownst to us, we brought home his gorgeous chocolate lab, that no one wanted!!! Wow..what a day! Going up with the kids and both of our doggins in a bit, should be interesting!
xo Kris

Mary said...

The show and tell quilt is awesome! I have an antique bed it would be beautiful on if she ever tires of it.

Love your Blogger Girls block! I have so many in line right now I'm saving the patterns for a bit later. It looks like it's going to be a fun project.