GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Love Snowmen

This quilt was made by my friend Donna
at Bear Paw Quilts & More.

She does her own quilting...
on her Bernina!

Is this not exquisite?
The pattern is Lollipops by Fig Tree & Co.
I believe this version is called Little Lollies.
The fabric is Blitzen by Basic Grey... it has little snowmen in it...
but no Santa's.


Here it is hanging in the quilt shop.
It's something that can hang all winter long!
When she was deciding on what fabric to use for the center of the block,
I suggested putting yoyo's there. I think it really adds to the 
charm of this quilt!
Peppermintpops

Here is a picture from FT&C of Joanna's holiday version.
But click on this link to see a Halloween version.

On another note... (I just want to get this off my chest)
I met up with my quilt circle at lunch time yesterday. We are working on a quilt together for a raffle.
I was in charge of cutting the fabrics for the blocks and yesterday was our day to turn the finished block  in.
As I walked in I overheard them saying...
"she cut them too perfectly, that's what the problem is".
Seriously?


17 friends stopped by to chat:

Michele said...

That quilt is beautiful!! Amazing quilting and the Yoyos really make it pop!! Too perfectly?........How is that a problem???

Carol said...

I guess I don't understand why cutting them in an accurate manner is a bad thing. Some people just like to gripe. Your friend does awesome quilting.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love the quilt! Very cute. Too perfectly? Seriously? That is a wonderful thing~ sounds like they have problems sewing 1/4 inch seams. :-/ Good grief! Have a lovely evening and don't stop cutting perfectly! ;-)

Karen said...

What does that even mean? I would give anything to cut things too perfectly.
Quilt looks fantastic. I love that pattern and I could kick myself for not picking up the Halloween version.

Darlene said...

The quilt is stunning - thank you for sharing, Sinta.

I don't understand that statement. I thought that was the idea. (walking away scratching my head).

Carrie P. said...

I like that blue quilt.
Cut accurate is a good thing!

Anita said...

Love the quilt! That yoyo idea was genious! As for your comment - I make kits for donation blocks and it is a very thankless job. They complain about colors, stuff not fitting, etc., but heaven forbid they read directions or return materials. Why can't I just make another copy...uh, because I'm cutting out perfect quarter triangles 'cause you're too lazy too. Sorry, I can just feel your pain :(

Cheryl said...

Wow I love that quilt.....hmmmm thought cutting accurately was a good thing?! But you know I get confused easily :-)!!!!!

Carol said...

That quilt is just amazing...her quilting is out of this world. How does one cut too perfectly? And more importantly, how is that a problem...I'm a bit confused...LOL!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I wish I had that problem. My cutting is always off! Bah. Ignore them. Like Carol said, some people just like to gripe about something. The winter quilt is a beauty and nice suggestion of the yoyo centers. :)

dortha said...

Is their piecing off and they a re looking for a scapegoat. I would love to cut things too perfectly. You just keep doing what you are doing and don' t let your feelings get hurt too bad.

Kris said...

Beautiful!!! Is there any snow at the lake???
xo Kris

Cindy said...

Wow - love Donna's quilt.
She did a wonderful job on the quilting too!

Anonymous said...

If you cut things perfectly, maybe that's why your quilts always look so nice!

It's amazing what some people can do on a home sewing machine, absolutely amazing.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to grab one of the Halloween kits. I am promised that there are no Y seams and it goes together really easy. We shall see - plan to work on it before October. I will have to steal your yo-yo idea. I'm on a yo-yo kick right now! On the other note... don't these ladies KNOW they are honored by having such a great quilter and web blog master such as yourself in their group? I hope they were joking, because otherwise I might have to come out there and show them how badly cutting out pieces can make their life miserable!

barb's creations said...

MMmmm I don't understand why they would be complaining about perfectly cut pieces I thought that was a good thing?? I would just put it out of my mind some people just can't help but complain even when there's nothing to complain about (((((HUGS)))) For your hurt feeling though.Maybe they need to take a turn at cutting out the next project and see how they'd feel:) Barb.

Kim Brackett said...

I love this in Christmas fabrics. Maybe you should start slacking off a little in the perfection department. :-) Holy moly, if you can't cut straight, the machine won't fix it. :-)