GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, January 14, 2013

Back In BOM Rehab! How About You?

I belong to a quilting bee group...
and I have been a very bad bee. So
this month I made a promise to myself... kind of a New Year's resolution.
I am trying to catch up on my blocks.
Here is my first block...

The last couple of blocks I have made for the bee group were
the free form modern quilt blocks...
which for me, were very stressful... nothing "freeing" about it!
So when I saw a paper pieced block... I thought I was saved!
But I was oh so wrong.
This little bugger took me about 4 hours to make.
Every seam stressed me out.
So, when I moved on to the next block
I was elated to see that it was a simple Churn Dash block.
Simple and sweet!


 So I made two!

I just used solid background fabric for the half square triangles.
I didn't want to use the  background fabric provided because I 
was afraid it would look too busy and also the fact that the directional fabric 
would be all wonky.  These blocks are for Trish.
I don't think I ever shared the wonderful pincushion she had made and sent to
me over the holiday's.


Isn't she so cute?

Here is another block I started  for January... for me.
I am using Lakehouse Dolly Dresses panel to make a monthly block.
Probably not as extravagant as this one... but the same idea:

Did you play in the Rehab over the weekend too?

14 friends stopped by to chat:

Linda said...

Sorry the blocks stressed you out, but they sure are cute! Have a great day!!

Cindy said...

Man , you do great "rehab", Sinta. And you don't even have to go to a clinic...LOL

Your blocks turned out "way" cute.
I've always liked the Churn Dash Block.

Anonymous said...

Your paper pieced block is perfect though! I haven't tried that technique yet... maybe next year :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

your Bee blocks are great and your Lakehouse dresses are going to be ever so sweet! No BOM rehab here but I plan on starting soon. Need to get a couple of things off my plate first.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love the dolly dress block, Sinta! So adorable, and the churn dashes are my favorites, love the fabrics used in them.

Q said...

That paper pieced block is divine Sinta.. was going to ask you to make me one, because it looks so perfect. But the idea of you stressing out, stresses me out :)

I'm still trying to turn the New Year back on and get back to my one big BOM project, right now I don't even have a sewing table since I pulled it down and started seriously re-organising my craft room. Hopefully will be able to add my link next week.

That dolly dress is adorable too and I am so not a fan of churn dash, but I like yours!

Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Wow, love the blocks!!!! Great job. I actually linked to rehab this week and really did make something!!!

Shelley said...

Sinta, do my projects have to be BOM's to be in Rehab? Can they just be UFO's?

Anonymous said...

I love your fussy cuts in the Churn Dash blocks, especially the girl hanging on to the bottom bar - too cute!

Linda in Calif. said...

The block may have given you fits - but it's so worth it! Look how beautiful it is! Darling little Churn Dash blocks.

Sarah said...

I think I'll always be in BOM rehab! Some of them I just don't like anymore, so I'm avoiding digging them up. I love the churn dashes with the Aneela Hooey fabric in the centres.

JimsQueenie said...

Sinta,
I am brand new here and have been looking over previous years of your work and encouragement to others. I definitely need some of that encouragement to finish many BOM's I have started but three are important to me right now. I would be happy to join your BOM Rehab.
As far as your blocks are concerned, they are wonderful. I have enjoyed perusing all of them. Thank you for taking the time to blog. You are too cute!! I am JimsQueenie aka Vicki Robles

JimsQueenie said...

Just wanted to say, Sinta, that the pincushion you received is absolutely darling. You will get many years of enjoyment from using it and memories of the one that sent it to you.
I love your lakehouse dresses BOM. They remind me of when I was a little girl and used to make dresses for my dolls. How fun that was. I forgot all about it until I saw your BOM.
Many blocks have stressed me out, but after they are finished they are so wonderful the stress was worth it. Sometimes I just have to walk away for 15 minutes to half an hour until my mind clears and then get back to what I was doing. Hang in there, sweetie.