GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, February 28, 2013

JuSt SiCk oF iT!

I am so happy to be past February and starting March!
I just seem to feel so uninspired... 
I am so ready for daylight savings time! It just means 
the beginning of the end of winter to me!
I have often wanted to hold a party to celebrate DST.
Much like those people who celebrate Winter Solstice.

So, I am thinking... along with Spring comes spring cleaning...
and it might be a fun excuse to do some destashing AND
have a giveaway... or two. 
So, let me gather up a few things and come back tomorrow to 
start the DST, daylight savings time giveaway celebration!

Which also stands for DeStashing Time...
well, sort of!
Oh, and a special prize drawing for my BOM Rehab people too!

Thanks for stopping by... hope to see you tomorrow!


17 friends stopped by to chat:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I can understand being tired of winter. Hopefully you'll get some warm weather soon!

Jocelyn said...

I hope tomorrow will be a bright and sunshiny day for you!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I am so ready for spring as well. Pulled all my bright spring fabrics a couple of weeks ago & made me feel so much better. Sunshine inside my home & heart. :-)

Anonymous said...

Boy, I too am so over winter! I hope to still a moment to visit you tomorrow.

Betty Lou said...

I like that De-Stashing-Time., we could use some of that.

Wens said...

I know what you mean - gah. Totally ready for spring, pity here in Montreal we probably have another couple months of snow :(

JoAnne said...

It has been hard this winter with the darkness. Living the previous three years in Hawaii--with no DST--no time changes at all was great. I did miss the changing seasons, though, so it is a give-and-take I guess. I'm ready for weeks without heating or AC because it seemed like we went right from one to the other last fall.

Carol said...

When is daylight savings time? Hard for me to remember because here in AZ we don't do daylight savings time. A little spring cleaning in the sewing room is a good thing. Make room for some wonderful new fabrics coming out soon. P B & J came out today.

Kris said...

I know many are sick to death of the cold winter, but I love it. Although Spring is so beautiful too, that I am ready!!!
xo Kris

barb's creations said...

We just had our last day of summer yesterday soooo not looking forward to winter although it never gets as cold here as where you are :) Barb.

gailss said...

Oh...I agree. I am so over Feb. and on to March. Love the earlier start as I am a morning person and lots of sewing time. Spring is the best.
Gail

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Ready for spring too! Have a great weekend!

Kris said...

Sinta - What a fun idea!! I hope March is super motiving for you!! I too am one that loves winter and all the snow!! I could use a little more sun though!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you higher spirits tomorrow!

Becky said...

I love the idea of a DST party! I personally am a fan of winter - but only when it's accompanied by some snow. Our winter has been cold and rainy; no snow. The daffodils are blooming; it's still light now when I leave the office - bring on spring. And I can certainly get on board with DST - DeStashing Time! What another great idea!! Hope you are doing well!

Wendy said...

I'm ready for flowers and warmer days ahead. Destashing what a great way to celebrate.

Hildy said...

Oh yes, please bring spring on! I just noticed that your blog looks a little bit differnt ... love it!