Friday, May 24, 2013

Patriotic Swoon

I had to whip up an extra Swoon block...
I thought it would be nice to have 
one block in patriotic colors and just put a border around
it for a table topper or wall hanging.
The new Fig Tree fabrics were perfect...
complete with cherries on the background fabric!

I got a nice little package in the mail the
day before yesterday.
It was this cute little pincushion that I ordered from
I have been shopping with Cheryl recently for a few 
 little gift items
but she also designs quilt patterns! 


Cheryl does a fabulous job sewing these 
little pincushions and thread catchers.
As you can see... I already put the thread catcher to work!
(it was a sweet little gift to me).
Although I enjoy my quilting work... I am not very good at
hand crafted items. 
Really, it frustrates me. 
I am positive that I could not have done
such a good job making these.
I really love the thread catcher, it's a perfect
 size to keep next to my machine.
Thank you Cheryl!


19 comments:

Ramona said...

You deserve it Sinta - love her use of the big Lucy's Crab Shack print on such tiny squares! So cute!

Wendy said...

The Swoon block will make a nice tabletopper. The threadcatcher is so cute.

Lesley said...

Great idea to make another swoon block....beautiful fabrics! Lovely gifts you received!

JoAnne said...

I LOVE the swoon block. Hmm, maybe I should do a whole quilt like that...

pcflamingo said...

Patriotic Swoon = brilliant! I like it so much!

Karen said...

What a great idea - I need a new patriotic wall hanging. Your new purchases are so cute.

Jeanna said...

I've not made a swoon block yet but this has inspired me. Great idea to make it a table topper too!

Enjoy your gifts :)

Kate said...

Love your Swoon block, looks great!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

A patioic Swoon is a great idea Sinta, I might need to make one too for my table. That is the cutest pincushion and thread catcher!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I love the Swoon block! Sweet new pincushion and thread catcher. :-) Happy weekend!

barbara woods said...

I want to make a swoon quilt soon

Cheryl said...

Love that Swoon block...so pretty. Sweet thread catcher and pincushion.

Becky said...

Thanks so much for the Swoon inspiration! I have the pattern, but didn't know what fabric to choose. I have lots of patriotic fabrics in a drawer. Fun quilt to make and then I could donate it to Quilts of Valor.

trish said...

That is such a beautiful swoon block!!!

Sue said...

Just LOVE your patriotic Swoon block :-D Your thread catcher * pincushion are Cute!

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Amei conhecer o seu blog e achei maravilhoso.Visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.

Sarwat Tariq said...

World's Best Current Affairs Website which you Get Any thing you want, Most Popular Pictures, Loll Pictures, Funny Pictures, Funny Videos, Current Affairs Videos, Entertainment News and Videos, Entertainment Pictures, Hot Girls Affairs and all hot Current Affairs in the World
HotCurrentAffairs.com

Anwar Fazil said...

Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
GetLikeFast.com

Anwar Fazil said...

Online Marketing is the Best way to increase your income and Get online visitors or Customer on your company. Many Marketing Way like Facebook Marketing, Website Marketing, SMS Marketing, Products Marketing and Social Media Marketing such as Facebook Likes, Twitter Follow, Youtube Views and Much More International Advertising Systems, Just Visit
HotCurrentAffairs.com