GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, September 27, 2013

Between One and Two


Not my Swoon... but someones who took the class from me! She was giving it
to the LAQ... and since I was there I snapped a photo of it
to show you.



I had to stop everything I was working on to make a
gift for Evie. We, evidently, celebrate half birthday's.
She was 1 1/2 yesterday. I made a fishing pole for her
out of a willow branch and macramed the line to it and added
a magnet to the end of the line. I also made up a small school of
fish with magnets in the "mouth", and of course
that requires a little backpack to carry them in and a pair of pink
wading boots (aka rain boots).
Obviously the shoes and ball were a big hit!
 

Then of course she needed a stroller for her baby!
I never had girls... so this is so much fun for me!

This weekend...
  back to project sewing!
Possibly even a Schnibbles!!!

What are your plans?
Posted by Picasa

12 friends stopped by to chat:

Yvonne said...

Your granddaughter is so sweet! Be careful with the magnets on the fishing pole. They can cause a lot of harm if she swallows a couple of them.

Kris said...

She is just precious! Look at her eyes!!! Girls are fun, for sure. I am blessed to have had both to raise. Same with the grands. Two girls and a boy. Fun, fun, fun!!
xo Kris

Carol said...

Evie is cute as can be. I'm going to quilt my Halloween quilt this weekend.

JoAnne said...

I love the idea of the fishing equipment! If Evie is getting into dolls, you will have to get her a baby doll like Lori Holt did for her granddaughter and make all the cute stuff for it, too. This morning I have a quilt show committee meeting and I'm not sure if I will make it into my sewing room.

gailss said...

What a little cutie and every little one needs a fishing pole...enjoy your sewing weekend.
Gail

Anonymous said...

I'll be spoiling a some day grand with all sorts of things...go for the spoiling! Lol

Sue said...

She is just adorable !

Mary said...

I'm making doll clothes. They are SO much fun!

sandra said...

Aren't grandchildren the best gift God ever gave us. I have two grandsons but I would have loved a granddaughter to fuss over and sew for. She is a little doll and I can't believe she is already 11/2 years old I remember when she was born. Blessings Sandra

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, what a little cutie! I don't have girls either, and I've told my boys that they better produce girl-children, or else! (Not sure what "or else" means, but I'll think of something!)

Anonymous said...

your GD is a real cutie,its so much fun being a grandma.xx

Sarah said...

Evie is so cute. She has beautiful big blue eyes, and so much hair for an 18month old. I thought she may have been 2&1/2 judging by her hair!