GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Last Week's Computer Issue




My little road trip last week ended with a stop over 
in a cute little town...
at a Antique Mall called
Cottage Magpie.

A blogger friend, Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams,
 has a booth there...
so I had to visit.

It was a pleasant end to an otherwise
taxing trip.


I had gone to northern California to visit my son
and bring him  a sofa and some household
things for his new apartment. No more roommate...
he moved within the same complex to a single bedroom 
apartment. I have to say that it looked very nice
and he has a very good sense of style for a 31 year old.
It started off great... seeing him, hanging up pictures,
and doing a little shopping.

 I told him I needed to post about my Schnibbles parade...
but the internet hadn't been hooked up yet.
We went to Comcast and ordered it.
Sounds simple enough doesn't it?
However,  that one trip turned into 4 trips and a couple of
outsourced phone calls and what should have been done in
10 minutes was over 4 hours of frustration.
And still no internet or television.


My son went for a run... which relieved some of the negative energy and
when he got back, we made a really nice dinner. He BBQ'd up 
some steaks on his new grill...
and at his first bite,
 it lodged in his throat.

It was stuck on the wrong side! He could breath, but
he couldn't swallow. He went through the whole night that way!
He was so tired in the morning, as well as dehydrated from the run...
not to mention hungry!
He went to the doctor... then he went to emergency...
he ended up having to stay and get a bag of fluid pumped into him.
He had to go under anestesia and get the blockage removed.
 When he got released and
went to get some dinner with a friend.

I had left for home.
Thinking to myself...
"why didn't I just go to the hotel I usually go to and
use their computer to make the parade post"!

You might be thinking... shwew, the end...
but he had an ice cream bar after dinner...
and had an allergic reaction!
All his dinner
came back up and he had another miserable night.

The end of story?
He finally got Comcast... yesterday!

14 friends stopped by to chat:

Anne Heidi said...

Oh no, I hope he's ok. Good thing you were there with him :-)

Lesley said...

Oh my golly...thank goodness he is alright, but what a hard couple of days! Glad everything is fine and that he has the Internet now!

Jeanna said...

Oh my goodness, poor guy. I hope things settle down for him and he feels better soon.

Jocelyn said...

Oh my!! What an experience! I hope it doesn't happen to him again.

JoAnne said...

What a horror! Why do those things always happen in multiples? I sincerely hope he is doing okay now.

Lisa D. said...

I'm glad your son is ok after his ordeal. It's a good thing you were with him!

Darlene said...

OMG, Sinta, what an ordeal for your son (and you). I hope he's feeling much better.

Sue said...

Poor guy ! That is horrible ! Hope is feeling better now

Carol said...

Kinda like everything that could go wrong, did. I'm so happy as are your other friends that your Son is better cause that's so scary. You could have yes had Internet in a hotel but you wouldn't have been happy there, being with your Son, getting him settled in and making sure he was ok before you left is what provides peace of mind.

Dee said...

Sounds like he had a couple of tough days. Having something stuck in your throat sounds incredibly scary! Glad to hear he's OK now.

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness...what an experience you both had! Glad to hear he's feeling better!

gailss said...

Not a fun time for him and sorry to hear all his woes....hope things go better now.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- sounds like a rough few days. Although, the old bad luck comes in threes seems to have been the case, so it should be smooth sailing forward, right? ;-D

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh man! I'm sorry for all those troubles! Hope everything is going okay now.