GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where I Left Off, Where I Started

I have been doing some wonderful sewing on some
wonderful projects...
unfortunately, they are secrets...
but they won't be for too much longer, so I promise
to share them when I can!

For now, I will share where I left off
on my Canasta project.



I am loving these baskets... and don't see a reason to stop at the
given number... I am going until my fabrics I picked out
to make it are exhausted.
That is where I had left off with that...
but remember when I felt like breaking out my rotary
cutter and just cutting away?
Well, I cut Dresden blades...
and now I am starting to make a few blocks.

There is a little bit of pressure here...
not only have I felt this project tugging at me because
it has been on my sewing table "to make" pile for quite a while...
also, there are a couple of special bloggers that started working on
the same project this summer. But most importantly,
I will be seeing the person who made sure I had this magazine pattern
in a few weeks at my retreat... so I really needed to show a little something
so I could hold my head up when I see her!
I also have been working on my retreat projects like a mad woman.
You know, the things I'm going to be teaching that I haven't gotten ready yet.
In the meantime, I am coordinating the meals and scheduling the activities
at the retreat.
I am beginning to think I like the pressure.
It is not unlike planning a wedding... annually!

It is all fun in the end!

Posted by Picasa

11 friends stopped by to chat:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Your baskets are so pretty! Love the dresdens too!!

Ramona said...

Oh Sinta - I found my magazine with that Dresden pattern too. Your Canasta is farther along than mine but I have mine cut out. I am getting ready to head to a re"treat" too! They really are a treat!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Gorgeous projects...I also work better under pressure.

JoAnne said...

Oh, the dresens are so cute! This is going to be a really pretty quilt! The baskets are nice, too.

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, such pretty projects! It's always fun to have some longer term projects -- keeps things mixed up. I love the fabrics you're using in both projects!

KMSC said...

Your canasta and Dresden blocks are beautiful! What gorgeous quilts they will make. BTW, what fabrics are you using for the Dresden blocks? I love them!

Izzy said...

Oh my goodness Sinta - those dresden blocks are spectacular! I can't wait to see them all finished.

Unknown said...

Your blocks look so nice, I love, love, love the dresden blocks. I am all about dresdens right now and yours are gorgeous.

Lorri said...

I haven't tried the baskets yet, they are on my list of to do. I have made 3 dresdens in the past 6 moths. I love them

Sew Shabby Designs said...

Love antique techniques and your choice of fabrics. Just beautiful work!

Nanette Merrill said...

Love secrets. Love your baskets. Sew pretty.