GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, April 10, 2014

Crisp Color and Fun Designs



No I haven't made this yet... but I think it is super cute! 
I love the on point squares! 
The whole book is full of unique little ideas and
really sweet projects.
What book?
This book!


(photos by Martingale; photographer Brent Kane)

I always love the fabric collections 
that Jessi and her daughters Lauren & Carrie Jung
come up with. And now they have come out with 
I saw the book at my LQS and loved flipping through it.
I kept thinking crisp colors and fun designs!


Then, before I went back to purchase the book
I was asked to do a little review of it by Martingale.
Lucky me!
The book has 13 projects... some are little handy gift ideas...
to give or to keep for yourself.
The small projects can be made with less than a yard of fabric and
a couple of hours of your time.

 Then there are some adorable quilts in it too!
Like this one...
Isn't it so sweet?
The book has lots of illustrations and the directions are
really well written too.
When it comes to crafty kind of things...
I really have to pay attention to directions. So it
was nice to see that the project instructions
are clear and understandable. 
Projects are designed for the beginner sewer through advance.


(photos by Martingale; photographer Brent Kane)

This one is Gypsy Moth.
It would be a great picnic quilt.


Clever ideas... I think these would be cute in a baby room.


I like it when a book has a variety in it.

 You can seem more information about Sweet and Simple Sewing
at Martingale Publishers or over at Amazon too.

3 friends stopped by to chat:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this book! It is fresh and has a lot to offer in it. I am not familiar with the authors and checked out their site, let it be said I found what I can't live without! Can't wait for my book and patterns to arrive. Mindy

Brenda said...

Ir looks like a fun book. I love the framed individual moths. Clever idea.

Carrie P. said...

I love that pencil quilt.